Simple as That August 12, 2012

Our dog Holly is a wee bit afraid of storms. Not as much as our boxer Annabelle who starts breathing heavy as soon as the humidity rises but enough that she seeks safety and shelter.

What do you think of her shelter?

Right on the rug beside the sink….

under mama’s feet.
Yup, I’m looking at you.

I can see you even with your eyes closed.

Glad you feel safe now, girl. Let me know if I can get you anything.

(pictures taken by my daughter)

Linking with Ni Hao Y’all

Comments

1. Amy E says:

Haha!! That’s my dogs EXACTLY…all three of them! Thanks goodness we live in an area that rarely sees thunderstorms. But when the firewoks start around the first of July, all bets are off!

2. Cheri says:

My dog is very afraid of storms and fireworks also. Our vet recommended getting a Thunder Coat. It really works- I highly recommend it. You can find them online or at various pet stores. Well worth it!

I have heard of the Thunder Coat. Will have to check into it. Holly’s really not a problem. She’s just insecure. Now her sister Annabelle is a mess in storms!

3. Pamela says:

Poor baby. He’s picked a good hiding place. He knows eventually someone will get hungry and find him!

You’re absolutely right, Pamela. Head to the kitchen. That’s where you’ll find mama!

4. Awwww- sorry to hear that. Hard to comfort them in times like that.

People and dogs are a lot alike, don’t you think? Thanks for visiting.

5. Jenna says:

Love it! Ours are afraid of storms too. We love the thundershirt….I just left the beach and had to go buy one while we were there for the littlest because of storms every night.

Aren’t dogs a mess? I never had a dog growing up but love ours to pieces! Except when one pees on the couch (like they did this morning!) Not a good thing for doggies to do!

6. So cute, as the person works in the kitchen!

7. She is just so sweet; I just want to give her a BIG hug :o)

She is a sweetie and she’d lick you to death if you met her!

8. Jaymi says:

oh my what a face! I love those pics of Holly!

As always, thanks for visiting and being so encouraging! I’m still learning and you’re still helping me with all your tips!

9. Melanie says:

Lol… LOVE Annabelle the boxer! Girl, these pics are AWESOME! Your daughter is quite the little photographer, especially love the last shot!

Thank you so much for linking up w/ us for Finagle a Foto! Loving your blog.

My daughter is learning, that’s for sure. She doesn’t have my camera figured out yet so I do all the setting for her, but she can certainly get low down easier than I can! Thanks for visiting.

10. aww – poor poochy!