Gateway Worship “Alabaster Jar”: Simple Gift Sunday

"The Alabaster Jar" from Marty's Musings

Four weeks from today we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday.

I don’t want to be the same in four weeks.

I want to be changed.

As I thought about the “Simple Gift” I wanted to give you today, the song from Gateway Worship “Alabaster Jar” was impressed upon my heart.

"The Alabaster Jar" from Marty's Musings

Here’s the story from Matthew 26:

(Holman Christian Standard Bible)

While Jesus was in Bethany at the house of Simon, a man who had a serious skin disease, a woman approached Him with an alabaster jar of very expensive fragrant oil. She poured it on His head as He was reclining at the table. When the disciples saw it, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This might have been sold for a great deal and given to the poor.”

10 But Jesus, aware of this, said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a noble thing for Me. 11 You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me. 12 By pouring this fragrant oil on My body, she has prepared Me for burial. 13 I assure you: Wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told in memory of her.”

"The Alabaster Jar" from Marty's Musings

I want to be like the woman in Bethany.

Pouring out my alabaster jar.

My most precious gift.

Here I am, take me as an offering

"The Alabaster Jar" from Marty's Musings

Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory, take me

(If receiving via email click through to Marty’s Musings to watch the video. It’s worth the time.)

This alabaster jar is all I have of worth
I break it at Your feet, Lord, it’s less than You deserve
You’re far more beautiful, more precious than the oil
The sum of my desires and the fullness of my joy
Like You spilled Your blood, I spill my heart
As an offering to my King

Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Take me

This time that I have left is all I have of worth
I lay it at Your feet, Lord, it’s less than You deserve
And though I’ve little strength, and though my days are few
You gave Your life for me so I will live my life for You

Like You spilled Your blood, I spill my heart
As an offering to my King

Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory
Here I am, take me as an offering
Here I am, giving every heartbeat for Your glory, take me

Worthy, worthy, You are worthy, worthy is the Lord
Worthy, worthy, You are worthy, worthy is the Lord

Comments

1. Debbie says:

Thank you for sharing and may God bless you and your family!

2. Shirley says:

This is beautiful and I pray that you and your family are blessed this Easter season.

Thank you, Shirley, for commenting on last week’s Simple Gift Sunday. I’m honored that you visited my blog and hope you will come back and read more!
      [email protected]’s Musings

3. Beth says:

You’ve prepared us for worship and for the celebration of Easter here, Marty. Beautiful words, thoughts and meaningful photos. Thanks so much!

Thank you, Beth, for visiting Marty’s Musings last Sunday and my Alabaster Jar post. I appreciate the sweet comment and hope you will stop by again this week.
      Blessings,
      Marty

4. Mia says:

Hu Marty
    I think if we truly offer our hearts and our love, we are well pleasing in His sight, don’t you think! Over via Laura’s.
    Much love
    Mia

Mia, I’m so glad you visited my post on the Alabaster Jar last Sunday. I appreciate the thoughtful comment.
      [email protected]’s Musings

5. laura says:

I love this song, Marty. My husband sings it with our praise band and every time he does it moves me to tears. Such a simple gift, seen with God eyes can mean everything.

6. Rach DeBruin says:

One of my fav scripture passages as well!
    First time on your blog, found you at A Mama’s Story~ Rachael @ Diamonds in the Rough

Hi, Rach. Thanks so much for visiting my blog post about the Alabaster Jar. I’m behind on comments and I’m sorry for that! Thank you for taking the time to comment and visiting Marty’s Musings.
      Blessings,
      Marty

7. Oh, love this song and your heart, here, friend. Thanks for sharing.