Kutless “Even if the Healing Doesn’t Come”: Simple Gift Sunday

Even if the Healing Doesn't Come- Simple Gift Sunday

(Large chalk board wall in my son’s room featuring his drawings)

As we maneuver through another difficult situation with our adopted son I have been so overwhelmed with the need to find a purpose and a plan in all the pain and unknown.

My thoughts are agonized and my heart heavy.

How do you survive a pain that is so deep it is unreachable by human hands?

Even if the Healing Doesn't Come- Simple Gift Sunday

How do you help someone you love know that it’s only when you come to the end of yourself that God will be enough?

As I have struggled anew in the stages of grief, Tim reminded me of the truth of the song “Even if the Healing Never Comes.”

So when the heartache hits like a hurricane, that could never change who You are. And we trust in who You are even if the healing doesn’t come.

I had always thought of this song in terms of physical healing.

But now I know it is also for my child who searches for faith enough to trust and believe.

Even if the Healing Doesn't Come- Simple Gift Sunday

Isaiah 61:1-3 He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. (emphasis mine)

Even if the Healing Doesn't Come- Simple Gift Sunday

More than ever before, I believe there is hope that the God of the brokenhearted wants to release my child from his darkness and bestow a crown of beauty in place of ashes. He will be called an oak of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of God’s splendor.

You are God.

You are good

Forever faithful one.

(Artwork by my son)

(If you are reading via email or reader click the post title to view video.)

Even If (The Healing Doesn’t Come) by Kutless

Sometimes all we have to hold on to
Is what we know is true of who You are
So when the heartache hits like a hurricane
That could never change who You are
And we trust in who You are

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come

Lord we know your ways are not our ways
So we set our faith in who You are
Even though You reign high above us
You tenderly love us
We know Your heart
And we rest in who You are

You’re still the Great and Mighty One
We trust You always
You’re working all things for our good
We’ll sing your praise

You are God and we will bless You
As the Good and Faithful One
You are God and we will bless You
Even if the healing doesn’t come

Linking with: A Mama’s Story, The Modest Mom Blog, The Better Mom, Time-Warp Wife, Far Above Rubies, Imparting Grace

Comments

1. Christie M says:

Marty,
    I love your blog. I am so sorry that you are suffering.
    Tonight I read that Rick Warren’s son, committed suicide. He suffered greatly from mental illness since his earliest years. His son loved God, and his father said that many times he would recognize somebody who was suffering and minister to them. But all the medical intervention, counseling, medicines, and even prayer did not bring relief to his son. 🙁
    Sometimes we DON’T see the answers this side of heaven.
    But the Lord is close to the broken hearted. May He bring you all comfort tonight, and give you a peace in your heart for the future, which is in HIS control.

Thank you, Christie, for leaving such a sweet comment on my Sunday post. I was shocked to hear of Rick Warren’s son and so saddened for the family. It is very hard to watch a family member struggle, regardless of whether it is mental, physical or emotional. Only God holds the secret to healing and strength for the journey.
      [email protected]’s Musings

2. Barbie says:

I don’t know the circumstances behind the situation with your son, but know that God is able to bring healing. Thankful for the peace you have in the midst of it.

3. BECKY says:

I read this on a day that I needed to see it more than any other day yet. Thank you.

Thank you so much, Becky, for taking the time to leave me a comment on my Sunday post. I love the song “Even if the Healing Never Comes” and I’m so glad it ministered to you as well.
      [email protected]’s Musings

4. will add you and your son to my list of many who suffer with this disease of mind, body and soul. amazing how following you on redos and make-overs led me to discover this area which we all who struggle with depression, can’t seem to make over, or re-do. bless you and your family. selahV

5. Joyce Ferris says:

My brother and I were adopted. Neil was already sick, but no one knew, and by the time we found out that it was terminal and could be 6 weeks or 60 years, he was 5 and starting school and then he wasn’t. It wasn’t weird having his hospital bed in the dining part of the kitchen or Mom and Dad carrying him up to their room every night. What was weird, the empty space he left the year he turned 13 and then 2 weeks later I turned 15 and then a month later died while I was babysitting him. I was 25 before I stopped hating God and asked Him to take the pain away. It was as if a heavy burden just floated away. I felt good. A decade had past, I had graduated high school, married with a step son, had custody of my nephew (drs. said 1 in 3 million chance I’d ever have a child, ex-sis-in-law had 4 th child, not my parents first adopted son(so not my bio brother), we asked to raise him she said yes and then within 2 years, our miracle baby girl was born, I felt the joy of all those moments finally.
    Fast forward to now. I am a grandmother of 3, from my stepson and his wife. They live 30 mins away and we have seen them 3 times in last 4 years. My nephew went to live with his mother when he was 12, I saw him last year when he turned 18, the first time in 6 years. Our daughter remains our miracle reminder. Kel was driving to dance in my durrango, the lower ball joint snapped and she flipped end over end for a 1/8 of a mile reducing the suv to a compact car. She ran a mile up the dirt road to call me. She was fine. Shaken, battered and bruised…but 100% ok. Her rationalization, Uncle Neil told God I would not survive this loss. The 3rd seat was up and intact because Neil was riding with her. And it looked like a large hand had sheltered Kelley’s head, God’s hand. Almost losing her made me mend fences with my biological sister, who raised us until we were separated and placed in foster care. When Nick left(nephew) I stopped talking to her. While we were not talking she developed cancer, and this last 14th of March she died. God gave me my daughter and four years with my sister, because God knew I needed a loud wake up call.
    I believe both siblings held on so long because they knew I needed them and they refused to leave until they knew I’d be ok. The day Neil died I yelled at him and called him a little shit for the first time voicing anger at him since he had gotten sick and he laughed at me. I t was the first happy noise in months from him and his last. The day my sis died, I told her not fair, I told her no, and then I told her it was ok to go, I’d be ok, but I didn’t like it at all and a tear rolled down her cheek.
    I’d love to give you my happily ever after ending, but I’m back on the beach with two sets of foot prints during good times and in my darkest hours only one set. I can tell you it will be a happily ever after, how do I know? Because if God is not beside me, He is carrying me, protecting and sheltering me, just as He carries you and yours.

What an amazing story you shared with me, Joyce! I am honored that you were able to share your heart and experiences. You had been through so much at such an early age. I know we may never understand why terrible things happen but I do know for sure that the God of the universe loves me. He has shown Himself faithful time after time. Grief can be heartwrenching and overwhelming. I am so glad that you have the strength of knowing God is carrying you. Thank you for sharing with me.
      [email protected]’s Musings

6. Nancy Kehr says:

Never rule out a miracle! Then God gives us grace to hold fast until we receive an answer. Our questions are always Why? and only he knows we try to understand.

Thank you, Nancy, for taking the time to leave a comment on my Simple Gift Sunday blog post. I do believe miracles are possible. I’ve seen them in our lives even through our difficult struggles. God is the great Healer even when we can’t see. I hope you’ll come back and visiting Marty’s Musings.
      Marty

7. Julie says:

Watching our children hurting is something that can’t even be described. Only others who are watching their children suffer truly understand. I understand. Although my son’s pain is physical, it breaks my heart every day to see him struggling with pain. I pray constantly for the Lord to take this pain from him. However, I know that the Lord is in control and that this is part of His plan. All I can do is pray and ask that this pain will bring my son closer to the Lord and that somehow my son’s pain will be used for God’s glory. Praying for you all!
    God bless you – Julie

Julie, I am so sorry for your son’s pain. I agree that regardless of whether it is physical, emotional or mental, hurt is still hurt. Wounds happen and take time to heal. I know God has given us our adopted children to help us learn to give up control to God and learn who the true Healer really is.
      Thank you so much for sharing!
      Blessings,
      Marty

8. Carol says:

Oh, I hear your motherly love, your deep care for your son. Some times we need to lean a little more on the Lord’s strength. He is ever faithful. May God bless you and your family. I am glad you shared your son’s art!

Carol, thanks so much for leaving a sweet comment on my Simple Gift Sunday post. God is faithful to lead us especially when we don’t know where we’re going! Our desire is always for our children to go to God first and allow Him to transform and fill them. The hard part is letting go and letting them make their own choices, good or bad. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and hope you’ll come back and visit soon!
      [email protected]’s Musings