Shane and Shane “In You”: Simple Gift Sunday

In You Simple Gift Sunday from Marty's Musings

We had some beautiful weather this week and the kids and I had fun watching the dogs roll around in the clover.

In You Simple Gift Sunday from Marty's Musings

Such exuberance

In You Simple Gift Sunday from Marty's Musings

and joy for the simple life.

In You Simple Gift Sunday from Marty's Musings

For this week’s Simple Gift Sunday I wanted to share with you a song by Shane and Shane. I wasn’t familiar with them but I knew they were two friends, not father and son. Their music is beautifully intricate and acoustic. I hope you’ll take a few moments and know that “in You I find my rest.”

In You Simple Gift Sunday from Marty's Musings

I sing for joy
In my remorse
A well within prosperity’s curse
That drowns the mighty oak of pride
But feeds the root of God inside.

In You
I find my rest
In You
I find my death
In You
I find my all and my emptiness
Somehow it all makes sense

In You I’m rich
When I’ve been made poor
Comfort found when I mourn
The prideful one You see from afar
Drawing near to low, broken hearts.

In You
I find my rest
In You
I find my death
In You
I find my all and my emptiness
But it all makes sense

Linking with: The Alabaster Jar, The Better Mom, The Modest Mom Blog, A Mama’s Story, Time-Warp Wife

Comments

1. Shirley says:

Oh my goodness, I really loved the song. So beautiful and thanks for sharing.

Hi, Shirley. I’m so glad that my Simple Gift Sunday post and the song “In You” was meaningful to you. Please come back and visit again soon!
      [email protected]’s Musings

2. Hi Marty,
    I loved the song as well as the animal humor! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Jolene. You’re so sweet to take the time to comment on my linkup. I’m also glad you enjoyed the pictures of our dogs frolicking in the backyard. I love God’s sense of humor in animals!
      Have a blessed week.
      [email protected]’s Musings

3. Mia says:

Dear Marty
    This is the first time I came across this song. Beautiful words and so true. It does make sense in all our brokenness, doesn’t it!
    Blessings from Laura’s.
    Mia

Hi, Mia. I’m so glad you enjoyed the song “In You” that I included in my Simple Gift Sunday. I write a special worship post each Sunday and I hope you’ll come back and visit me!
      [email protected]’s Musings

4. Aw, love the photos!

5. laura says:

I love Shane and Shane. Those boys can sing! And your doggies are adorable, Marty. 🙂