Kari Jobe “What Love is This?”: Simple Gift Sunday

Kari Jobe What Love is This worship song

We were blessed to spend the last week at Emerald Isle, N.C.,  with all of our immediate family.

Lots of togetherness. Some squabbles. Normal irritations.

Kari Jobe What Love is This worship song

Learning to live all together as one again, adults and children.

Kari Jobe What Love is This worship song

As I write this Simple Gift Sunday post I am reminded of just how blessed I am.

Family that loves through thick and thin, in trials and triumphs.

Kari Jobe What Love is This worship song

But most of all, though, is a God who loved me when I was unlovable.

Kari Jobe What Love is This worship song

As Kari Jobe sings, “I’m standing here, beneath the shadow of the cross.

I’m overwhelmed that I keep finding open arms.”

Kari Jobe What Love is This worship song

These beautiful unedited pictures taken by my daughter Stephanie remind me that “You’re always enough for me.”

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Sunday. To God be all the glory.

(If you’re reading this via email or a reader please click post title to view video.)

You never change, you are the God you say you are;
When I’m afraid you calm and still my beating heart.
You stay the same, when hope is just a distant thought,
You take my pain, and you lead me to the cross

What love is this, that you gave your life for me
And made a way for me to know you
And I confess you’re always enough for me you’re all I need

I look to you, I see the scars upon your hands.
And hold the truth, that when I can’t you always can.
I’m standing here, beneath the shadow of the cross.
I’m overwhelmed that I keep finding open arms.

What love is this that you gave your life for me
And made a way for me to know you
And I confess, you’re always enough for me
You’re all I need

Jesus in your suffering you were reaching your thought of me
Jesus in your suffering you were reaching your thought of me

What love is this, that you gave your life for me
And made a way for me to know you
And I confess, you’re always enough for me
You’re all I need

What love is this, that you gave your life for me
And made a way for me to know you
And I confess, you’re always enough for me
Always enough for me
Always enough for me

Linking with: The Alabaster Jar, The Better Mom, The Modest Mom Blog, A Mama’s Story, Time-Warp Wife, Far Above Rubies

Comments

1. Janet says:

Your daughter is quite a photographer!! I have to come back for the song later, just wanted to say thanks for your Sunday mornings. Yesterday a men’s Bible study group who go out to serve, widow, disabled (that’s us!), etc. have such servant hearts they came here in 90+ degree heat + humidity to hang upper kitchen cabinets, 42″ high, to the ceiling cabinets. They install air conditioners, did ours mid month of May because my asthma was so triggered. Praise God!!
    Janet

Hi, Janet. Thank you for encouraging my daughter’s photography. I just tell my kids to take the camera and go shoot! Thank you for sharing the blessing of those who served. Take care of yourself!

2. Gail says:

Beautiful images–there is something so spiritual about the beach and sunsets. Thanks for sharing these thoughts and photos.

Thanks so much, Gail, for the sweet words on my Sunday post. I miss the beach already!

3. Beautiful photos! Made me just take a deep breath and long for the beach. Nothing quite so beautiful as the sunset on the beach to remind you of God’s creativity.

4. Spending time with family means so much. We just had a wedding … so my heart is full. Glad you got time with yours, too.

Fondly,
    Glenda

5. Mia says:

Dear Marty
    There truly is no better place to rest than in the shadow of the cross. Even better is to live daily in the One who gave His life for us on that cross! Yes, He invites us with open arms to come to Him and experience His rest!
    Visiting via Jen’s.
    Mia

6. {Melinda} Beautiful photos, beautiful words, Marty. I am blown away all the time by God’s unfailing love for me. I fail Him so, so often. But His love for me is not affected by my mistakes and sin. I am so grateful.

7. Beautiful, beautiful glimpses of His glory in these photos. And you’ve tied it to one of my favorite songs! I’m grateful tonight for the rainbow that pushed its way through the rainclouds and made the kids and I stop and marvel. Glad to be your neighbor at Beth’s!

8. Beth says:

The words, “I’m overwhelmed that I keep finding open arms” really reflects my feelings just this morning in response to God, Marty. He is so good to me, even though I fail Him time and time again. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement to all of us, for the beautiful photos (your daughter’s quite the photographer!) and for the amazing video. It’s the trifecta of blog posts–leading us to pure worship!