(Don’t miss the link party at the end of the post!)
It’s been a somewhat rough winter in NC. A big snow (for us) and a recent ice storm left many without power for days.
I’ve had enough of this.
And need to see more of this.
To me, chocolate never goes out of season, and Oreo Dirt Cake is the second all time favorite post on my blog!
This time I changed out the recipe just a bit and served it up all ladylike for the pictures.
This is a favorite request at our house for birthdays, holidays and any time
I we have a chocolate craving!
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3.5 oz.) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large package oreo cookies with creme filling
- Break cookies apart and grind in food processor or blender.The white creme will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar in largest mixing bowl.
- Add pudding and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add whipped topping and mix gently.
- Layer in a 9x13 dish, alternating creme and cookie layers. Finish with cookies on top.
- Chill until ready to serve (24 hours if possible).
- This recipe can be made with vanilla or chocolate INSTANT pudding.
- The size package of cookies depends on how much you love Oreos! Use less or more than called for according to taste.
- A popular way to serve this is in a flower pot with gummy worms on top.
and Kelly with her recipe for Grilled Chicken over Spring Greens with CousCous. (Apparently I didn’t get the message about being healthy!)