TGI Fridays Restaurant Brand Ambassador

I have been a stay at home mom for the last 20 years, occasionally juggling part time jobs that also allowed me to be a full-time homeschooling mom.

More often than not over these 25 years as a mom, my life has completely revolved around the precious gifts God has given me.

TGI Fridays Restaurant Brand Ambassador - Marty's Musings

I  have constantly asked myself what can I give my family that no one else can? What role do I play in mothering these blessings and how have I been both challenged, convicted and stretched?

I have sought obedience to God’s call on my life to be a faithful wife and mother, raising children who love God and are committed to His church and our family.

I am so grateful for these many (many!) years of pouring into my family, this most important role of wife and mom.

As my youngest two are three years away from graduating from our homeschool, I have found myself transitioning into a new season of life.

I have pursued opportunities that have taken courage as I begin to see myself in a new light (and now with a new hairdo!)

TGI Fridays Restaurant Brand Ambassador

Blogging has blessed me more than I could have imagined.

I began writing Marty’s Musings in 2008 as a way to connect with other moms and share our journey helping our adopted children heal the broken hearts that came from their wounds early in their lives. I was overjoyed to connect with other adoptive and foster moms walking the same road as our family.

As I began sharing our DIY projects I was excited to share with others how to add flair and customize their average home, limited only by their imagination and tight budget!

I found community with other likeminded bloggers, women who have become dear friends and trusted allies.

In 2013 I was selected as  a Behr Paint DIY Expert and continued to share our love for Behr and the many painting projects we’ve completed in our home. My DIY painting contractor hubby has shared numerous handyman tips to help the everyday homeowner improve their home with a little bit of money and lots of elbow grease!

So what does a stay at home mom, blog, community and brand all have in common?

The passion to encourage…..

other moms to stay the course in loving children through difficult situations

other DIY’ers to take a chance and stretch beyond comfort to attempt new projects

other women to continue to hope and reach for unknown dreams.

I have been chosen me as a TGI Fridays Restaurant Brand Ambassador and will be sharing TGI Fridays passion and voice with my readers and friends.

Can you believe it?

From the minute I was chosen, TGI Fridays has treated me like a VIP, the same way I believe TGI Fridays wants to treat each and every customer; as valuable and important, with a story to celebrate among friends and family.

TGI Fridays Restaurant Brand Ambassador - Marty's Musings

From the moment I was flown to Dallas and treated like royalty, I enjoyed learning about TGI Fridays and their passion for helping their customers celebrate everyday moments as well as huge milestones.

TGI Fridays Brand Ambassador

I am excited to be joining this wonderful group of bloggers to share a new menu (coming May 14th) as well as the fabulous offerings already available.

TGI Fridays Restaurant Brand Ambassador

The best possible connections come when we enjoy those people that surround us, the gifts that make life worthwhile.

I hope you’ll continue to be inspired as I embrace the opportunities that God has graciously placed in my path. I’ll never stop valuing my role as a wife and mom but now I get to add a couple of more titles to my life resume!

Disclosure: I was compensated by TGI Fridays but all opinions are completely my own!

Comments

1. Awesome! I loved this post…it was very YOU. Miss you, friend!

2. Debbie says:

Congratulations! I love TGI Fridays already and I can’t wait to watch you and TGI Fridays 🙂
    Debbie

3. Patricia Routt says:

As I looked at your family’s faces I could see how blessed they are to have been raised by you and your husband. It isn’t easy to take care of a family no matter how big or small, and to top things off you home schooled your children. When you keep God in your family I think everything else kind of falls into place and you raise good productive citizens, that know where their blessings come from, and they to will raise their children with God. Children learn not only by books and blackboards, and computers, but by example. I truly believe you and your husband have been blessed by God because of the way you have lived your lives and raised your children. I know I’m rambling, but when I see somebody who deserves praise for living their lives the way God intended us to live I want to give them all the praise they so deserve, I only wish your story could reach and touch millions more, and touch their hearts, and maybe it would encourage them to raise their children with God. Thank you for sharing your story. God bless.

Hi Patricia. Thank you so much for the kind words for me and my family. We have been through many hard years, and I’m grateful God is using our story, even in the midst of current heartaches and struggles. Than you for taking the time to encourage me today!

4. Diana says:

Congratulations Marty can’t wait!

5. You so deserve this new opportunity and by pursuing it, you are sharing other important lessons with your children and family! You have truly are living your passion, and it shows. We truly never know where our journey will take us, but the ride is what makes it all worthwhile — bumps and all!

Yes, I”m totally on the spot in replying to comments! Where do the days go? Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I hope the words I write and projects I share will be an encouragement that points to God, not to me. Because I’m just stumbling through this life like everyone else! Love you!

6. Ditto what Amy said! I’m so happy for you, Marty. And proud to call you a friend!

Thank you, sweet Suzy! I’m so glad we’re friends, too! You are one of the most sincere and kindest women I know and I’m grateful for your support!

7. Congratulations, Marty. Dinner at TGI Fridays was one of the first “real” dates my hubby and I went on many, many moons ago. Will always remember it. 🙂

Hi, Sheila. I love that you remember TGI Fridays from dates with your husband. I’m sure the restaurant has changed since then but they are committed to making guest feel welcome and I can testify to the great food!

8. kirby says:

Yay for you, Marty! That’s awesome!

9. What a great encouragement, I am nearing the end of our homeschooling life too. One graduates high school this weekend, two years to go with my youngest. This inspires me to keep reaching…

Hi, Christa! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I have 3 years to go homeschooling my two youngest. I didn’t start out wanting to write a blog for income. It was just a family journal and then things happened and I decided to invest all my free time in sharing our projects and seeing where it led. God has been so gracious to help me step by step, but it takes a ton of work and commitment. I could certainly make more working at Target but I am passionate about my blog! Good luck with your endeavors in the future as you finish your homeschooling mom career!