I have been away all weekend on a scrapbooking retreat, but I wanted to share the recipe for Pumpkin Muffins that I make every fall.
Every time I make these muffins someone asks for the recipe. In honor of the sweet ladies that make it so much fun to get away and recharge, here it is!
They are super easy to make and were gobbled up by my ladies group!
I first saw this recipe on Christy Jordan’s Southern Plate blog. She is a cook after my own heart with her southern sensibilities!
Her book Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family is a must read for easy recipes that evoke warm memories of heart and home.
This recipe starts with a spice cake mix and ends with streusel topping, a fabulous combination for the cooler weather!
Enjoy the muffins and here’s to bundling up in a sweater and grabbing those boots out of the closet!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Place all muffin ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand until well blended.
- Scoop into muffin tin.
- Blend together brown sugar, margarine and flour.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins and press down slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
- I prefer these muffins with a spice cake mix but have also used a yellow cake mix if necessary.
- These are the most moist muffins and the streusel is delightful!
My hope is that my 31 Days to a Beautiful Home series will motivate and inspire you to spend just a bit of time creating a home you will love and embracing the life you have been given! Just click here to view all the posts.
This post contains affiliate links.