No Fake Happy Face, Just My Usual Transparency

Christy Nockels Be Loved video and devotion

As Christians we sometimes paste on a happy face and gloss over our wounds and struggles.

After all, we’re supposed to have it all together, aren’t we?

If we don’t have the answers then who does?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I certainly don’t.

I hurt. I cry. I ask the Comforter to intercede when I can’t even form the words.

The Day I Flunked my Homeschool Kid - Marty's Musings

In all honesty, these last six months have been full of discouraging trials (with one precious blessing we won’t ever forget).

I fear that you, my sweet readers, may be tired of hearing these real life stories so you won’t hurt my feelings if you skip over today’s post.

Anybody still here? I’m going to keep sharing with transparency.

Because that’s what God has called me to do.

Through pain and heartache, my plans mingle with God’s unknowns.

9 Tools to Survive a Crisis - Marty's Musings

Joy and sorrow are equally yoked together. My faith in God has been tested.

Next week my husband faces his second rotator cuff surgery in the last six months.

After his health scare in Costco (you’ll want to read all about THAT adventure since the Costco employees are now our BFF!) the recent MRI revealed that he tore up the other shoulder worse than the first one.

So back we go through another six months of recovery and six months of unemployment from his painting job.

But this time Tim is digging down deep to ask God what he might have missed the first time around.

Hillsong I Surrender devotion and video

I like to say God speaks to some people in still small voices but this time Tim needed a flashing neon billboard!

We are truly seeking God’s direction and purpose for this next season of our lives.

I am passionate about this little blog of mine, and I have confidence that God will continue to do great things through this community He’s given me.

Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels "Glorious" video and devotion from Marty's Musings

What does that look like in the future? I’m not sure but I wait with expectation and hope.

We covet your prayers during these next months of both unknowns and blessings.

We also appreciate continued prayers for our adopted son as only God can open the doors to help our family through this heartbreaking crisis.

Lord, through it all
I will choose to trust You
You will never fail

(If you are viewing via email or reader just click on the post title to view the video.)

In the valley of the unknown
I will lift my voice
In the shifting, in the shadow
I know You are with me

Lord over all
You will be my rescue
You will never fail
Lord, through it all
I will choose to trust You
You will never fail

In the searching and the waiting
You quiet my soul
In the stillness of Your presence
I know You are with me

Out of this darkness
Into Your promise
You will deliver me
Eternal Savior
You stand forever
You are my victory

Comments

1. Laurel says:

I do so understand the heartache and pain of trial on top of trial on top of trial.

Hugs & Prayers to you, my friend!

2. Linda says:

I so appreciate your transparency, I and understand some of the heartache and pain of struggles with health and disppointment with the way things have turned out for my kids and other family members. But never forget that God sees and knows all our pain and comforts with His presence. Praying that ahe will wrap His loving arms around you and yours.He will be there for you.

3. Jane B says:

We all appreciate your transparency and truth. I have a very close friend who just went thru rotator cuff surgery (2nd time on one shoulder and the other shoulder has had the surgery once!). Many of us took care of her during recovery as she is wheelchair/walker bound and has been for many years. It is a difficult recovery to say the least. I know it must seem like that black cloud is hanging over you, but you know that God is watching over all of you. It is your faith in God and your love for your family that will get you thru this – and hopefully all of our prayers for you will help 😉 And when all else fails on any given day, hug that grandbaby as it will always bring a smile to your face.

4. Cheri says:

Thank you for posting the trials along with the joys. Our family is going through similar struggles with our adopted daughter from Russia. Not that I wish this pain on anyone but there is something comforting to know other people feel the same heartbreak we do and understand. When I’m praying for our own situation I also pray for yours.
    Again-thank you for your honest posts!

5. Lisa Simpson says:

Good morning Marty,
    I do hope you have brighter days ahead. I will keep you and your family in my prayers..

6. Diana says:

Sending you much love and many prayer, Marty! You are, and have been for as long as I’ve known…and “known” you, an inspiration to me. I love your heart! May God bless and keep you through the challenges and changes.

Hi Diana. You are so kind but I’m not feeling very inspirational these days! More like the survival you and I both know so well. We both know this is a journey not a destination. Miss you girl!

7. Barbie says:

I am still here my friend, and have no plans to go anywhere. I love that you share your heart which his breaking with us. We are called to hold one another up and share one another’s burdens. You are in my prayers.

Thank you for your always kind words Barbie and for praying for our family. Blessings!

8. Deborah says:

You are often in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Thanks, Deborah. Definitely in the throes of battle but now is the time to let go and trust God.