I found this wonderful stove top potpourri mix on Pinterest (yes, you know how I love Pinterest!) and had to try it for my homeschool moms group. (This week we’re hosting a church fellowship at our home as well.)
I was thrilled when the potpourri was easy, smelled amazing and added to the festive party atmosphere. The cinnamon and cloves together create such a rich fragrance that I have enjoyed using it during the day to get us in the Christmas spirit.
All you need to do is put on some Christmas music, take out the baking supplies and make some memories with your family!
- 1 whole orange or orange peel
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 tbs whole cloves
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- Quarter the orange and add to a small saucepan (or just use the orange peel).
- Add cranberries (I had some frozen) and cinnamon sticks.
- Fill pan with water and and set on lowest burner setting.
- As the potpourri simmers, add water as necessary.
Need some fun and easy Christmas ideas? I enjoyed decorating the top of our piano like a mantel,
creating a rustic Christmas centerpiece for our kitchen table
and working with my hubby on this sweet reminder of the reason for the season.
And if you enjoy starting new traditions, this is our favorite hot holiday beverage
and our favorite punch to serve at parties.