My friend Barb at The Porcupine Dance nominated me for this award and I decided to play along.
Here are the rules:
There are two parts to it when you are nominated. First you have to list seven things about yourself that your readers might not know. Then you nominate five of your favorite blogs for the award.
1. I was a voice major in college and graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greernsboro with a BM (Bachelor of Music).
2. My dream job was to perform in shows aboard a cruise ship. (How’s that for big dreams?)
3. I met Mikhail Baryshnikov while ushering at his dance performance after I graduated from college.( Is this 3 truths and a dare? Truth, I had to google his name ’cause I couldn’t spell it. Truth, I’m sure most of you have no idea who he is. Truth, yes, he’s a womanizer. Dare, don’t ask me how I know that.)
4. My favorite theater role of all time was Maria in West Side Story in college. Seriously, it was a thrill.
5. I can type 95 words a minute.
6. I was done parenting after having our 2 biological children. (Insert
hysterical laughter from God.)
7. I told my mother when I was a teenager that I would marry a pastor. (God is beyond mirth at this point. After 25 years of marriage my husband is working to become a worship pastor. Funny, huh? Talk about eating some words.)
Here are 5 of my favorite blogs:
1. My friend Laurel at Our Journey of Faith is a kindred spirit, mother of many, dedicated homeschooler and a precious sister in the Lord.
2. My friend Kelly at Twist and Shout is an adoptive mom with children that have experienced many of the same things mine have. She is honest, straight forward and always advocating for her kids.
3. Dorothy at Urban Servant is an amazing mom to many, both biological and adopted. She is a godly woman who struggles just like I do yet always takes the next step out of love for her children and her God.
4. Amy at Scrap This, Save That is a fellow scrapbooker and thrifty blogger. She loves her Cricut even more than I do:-)
5. When I first “met” Brenda online she was such an encouragement to me. Having parented both bio and adopted children she went back to school to become a mental health therapist to help families just like mine. That is utterly amazing to me. She has been in the trenches and knows what she’s talking about !Her practice and blog are here.
Please visit these bloggers and give them some bloggy love!