Cheesy Bacon Potatoes

Cheesy Bacon Potatoes from Marty's Musings

I saw this recipe recently, knew we had an abundance of potatoes and decided to try it.

Oh.my.word. It was divine.

This dish makes a great appetizer, accompaniment to a meal or snacks for the kids.

Since it has bacon in it is qualifies as a meal with meat and that makes my DIY hubby happy.

Since the workload is lighter and more fun with helpers, ask your family to help in the kitchen and spend time chatting while you’re working. You’ll both win!

Ingredients:

Potatoes
6 to 8 large potatoes
1/2 cup oil olive oil (I used regular)
sea salt, pepper, and any favorite seasoning salt

Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce
2 cups sour cream
1 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup milk

Toppings
3 cups shredded cheese (use your favorite or mix together a variety)
1 16 oz. package bacon (cooked)

Cut potatoes into steak fries size.
Place on foiled backing sheet and drizzle with oil to coat thoroughly .
Sprinkle salts and pepper over the potatoes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.

Potato Skins Loaded with Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce, Cheese and Bacon

Whisk together ingredients for sauce.
In an 11×14 glass casserole dish spread out 3/4 of the sour cream sauce.

Potato Skins Loaded with Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce, Cheese and Bacon

Place hot potatoes on sauce and drizzle remaining mixture over potatoes.
Sprinkle with bacon.

Potato Skins Loaded with Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce, Cheese and Bacon

Sprinkle with cheese.

Potato Skins with cheese bacon and sour cream ranch sauce

Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Potato Skins with cheese bacon and sour cream ranch sauce

They’re messy and amazing! Enjoy!

Still hungry? You might enjoy Easy Enchiladas, Omelette In a Bag (the easiest way ever to cook omelettes!) or Wonton Cup Appetizer.

Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
Author:
Recipe type: appetizer
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 10

Ingredients
  • Skins:
  • 6-8 potatoes
  • ½ cup olive oil (or regular oil)
  • sea salt, pepper, any favorite seasoning salt
  • Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce:
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1 cup ranch dressing
  • ½ cup milk
  • Toppings:
  • 3 cups shredded cheese (use your favorite or mix together a variety)
  • 1 16 oz. package bacon (cooked)
Instructions
  1. Cut potatoes into steak fries size.
  2. Place on foiled baking sheet, drizzle with oil to coat thoroughly.
  3. Sprinkle salts and pepper over the potatoes.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.
  5. Whisk together ingredients for sauce.
  6. In an 11x14 glass casserole dish spread out ¾ of the sour cream sauce.
  7. Place hot potatoes on sauce and drizzle remaining mixture over potatoes.
  8. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
  9. Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
  10. Enjoy!

Potato Skins with cheese bacon and sour cream ranch sauce

Comments

1. There’s only one thing to say after a dish of these. May I please have seconds? Yum.

• Marty says:

Thank you! I’m not sure the pic does them justice but they were awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

2. Erin says:

New Pinterest follower from Mom’s Library link-up.. Really enjoying your blog. I homeschool as well and it is always great to follow along with those that have been doing it for awhile.

Erin

3. kerry says:

This look so yummy!!!
    Thanks for linking up at the Friday Chaos this week.
    Have a great weekend
    Kerry
    ohsoamelia.com

• Marty says:

Thanks, Kerry. Hope you enjoy the recipe.

4. Oh my! We are potato people in this house, and these look dynamite! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week, Happy Halloween & come back soon.

5. Bekki says:

This recipe looks so good! 3 of our favorite things, potatoes, cheese and bacon! What could be better. Can’t wait to try it!

6. Susan says:

Oh my ~ this recipe has all the yummy ingredients. My hubby is going to love this!!
    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

• Marty says:

My husband loved this recipe, too. I had to add the bacon for him. He’s my meat and potatoes guy.

7. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork says:

Wow! Those potatoes look sooo amazing! It sounds like the perfect comfort food for these colder fall days. Thank you so much for posting. I’ll be making these soon!!

• Marty says:

Thanks, Meghan. I hope you’ll try the potatoes. They really are amazing!

8. Michelle says:

Marty,
    Have I died and gone to potato heaven? These are amazing! I love every. single. thing. in this recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

9. Dee says:

Wow! Thanks for sharng. I am going to make these soon for my family. They will love it!

• Marty says:

Thanks, Dee! I need to make the Cheesy Bacon Potatoes again, too! Thanks for visiting Marty’s Musings.

10. Oh-my-goodness these look great! Thank you for sharing this. I’ve pinned it.

• Marty says:

Thanks, Beth. I hope you enjoy the potatoes and your family loves them!

11. zentMRS says:

OK – these look unfairly fantastic! Definitely added to my “must make” stack! I’d love for you to share this at Tuesday’s Table for the Holidays – http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-time-for-holidays.html

• Marty says:

Thanks for stopping by Marty’s Musings.Hope you enjoy the potato dish!

12. Elise says:

Umm this recipe looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop http://www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you’d like to follow each other!

13. Mayje says:

Oh, that looks so yummy! I will try this dish! I’m glad I saw your link through Craft-O-Maniac blog party! Thanks and have a nice day!

14. Oh man, those look delicious! I’m gonna have to try this. 🙂

Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

15. Come by to our Blog Party, In The Kitchen Thursdays! Please share the blog party with others, thank you!

Warmest Regards,
    Annamaria

16. Becca says:

Oh yum! These look sooo delicious!

• Marty says:

I hope you try the Cheesy Bacon Potatoes, Becca! Thanks for visiting Marty’s Musings.

17. Marty,
    This looks amazingly good.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

18. Christine says:

I’ll take a platter please!! 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

19. Margie Lundy says:

Huh, I’m making these tonight!

Hey, Margie. Did you ever make the cheesy bacon potatoes? Did you like them? Are you already in FL? Okay, enough questions 🙂 See you soon!
      Marty