I hate to admit it, but it wasn’t until recently that I made potato salad from scratch.
And I’m from the south.
Born and bred y’all.
Picnics, lazy days, hamburgers and potato salads.
I had deprived my family all their lives.
Now that I’ve learned how to make this Red Potato Salad there’s no stopping me now!
I am ready for summer ‘s heat, grilling out and all those nasty mosquitoes.
I have to tell you that I’ve become more of a “dump” kinda cook than “follow the recipe” gal.
So the ingredients are solid but the amounts are approximate. I just kept adding until it looked good and tasted fine!
Red Potato Salad
- 4 lbs. red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sweet relish
- 2 tbs prepared mustard
- 2 tbs horseradish
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add red potatoes and boil for 20 minutes.
- Dice potatoes into a large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl then pour over the potatoes and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve chilled.