These scrumptious bread machine cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Our family has developed many traditions throughout the years.
These include the many years we dressed as a cow on Chick-Fil-A Cow Day, the Christmas Village display we set up each year and Instant Russian Tea that is a part of our Thanksgiving evening tree decorating celebration.
Thanksgiving Day itself is filled with family gathered around the table enjoying the standard turkey and dressing with cranberry apple casserole and all the rest of the “low calorie” deliciousness.
Thanksgiving evening finds us hunkering down and decorating the perfect Christmas tree while enjoying leftovers. This is the time we celebrate the tradition of the blessing jar, where we recognize all of God’s bountiful blessings on our lives in the past year.
I’m sure you’re asking, why is she talking about Thanksgiving in the middle of January?
Because today I want to share a recipe that I believe will definitely become a tradition in our home.
These Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls (with original recipe found here) were a last minute, late night Christmas Eve addition and they were amazing!
We’ve done several different things for Christmas morning breakfast in the past, from monkey bread to an all out country breakfast.
Now only our two teenagers our home to open presents on Christmas morning so late night on Christmas Eve I decided I wanted something special for the morning.
And here it is! Yes, these bread machine cinnamon rolls will make you lick your lips in delight. They’re making me hungry even as I write this post!
The secret was the bread machine dough, preparing it the night before and leaving it in the refrigerator overnight. Christmas morning all I had to do was bake them and make the cream cheese frosting. Amazing!
But don’t think you have to only make these for Christmas! They’re the perfect homemade treat for any breakfast (or even for afternoon snack!)
What is your favorite family tradition?
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup plus 2 tbs warm milk
- 3 tbs oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten, plus 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp yeast
- 4 tbs butter melted
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 2 1/2 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add the dough ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed and run on dough cycle.
- After this cycle is finished, roll the dough into a large rectangle.
- Mix the filling ingredients (4 tbs melted butter, 1 1/3 cup brown sugar and 2 tbs cinnamon) together and spread over dough.
- Roll up length-wise and cut into 12-15 rolls and place in two greased round cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While dough is baking, mix together cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. (I used a whisk.)
- Ice rolls while they are warm.
The dough can be covered with plastic wrap, stored in refrigerator overnight and then baked in the morning.