Easy Ice Cream Cake RecipeThis post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission.
As any member of my family can attest, I love ice cream.
Like, really luuuuuvvvve it. (My husband, like, hates it when the kids say that. Like, know what I mean?)
Any day, any season, no matter the weather.
Y’all may be drinking coffee and eating candy canes but I guarantee I’m eating ice cream!
I truly believe if I could give up my nightly ice cream snack I would lose weight.
Alas, I haven’t figured out a way to expunge it from my diet and you won’t either after you see how easy this treat is.
When I saw this beautiful ice cream cake I knew my hubby would love it since he’s a huge fan of rice krispies treats.
This is a terrific recipe with easy ingredients to keep on hand.
The printable recipe is included below but here are a few tips:
- Allow ice cream and whipped topping to soften. Use a bit of oil to grease the bottom of the springform pan (or you could even use a 9×13 dish).
- Melt chocolate on low heat in short intervals to keep from burning.
- Mix the chocolate and cereal together completely.
- Put a little bit of oil on your fingers to help press the crust down firmly in place.
Huge selling point for this recipe? You can customize it to your own personal tastes.
Have a kid who loves chocolate ice cream? Give them their favorite and decorate the cake with mini chocolate chips.
Does your spouse only like peppermint ice cream? Buy an extra gallon at Christmas and crumble peppermint candies on the top.
Use colored candy melts from a craft store and color the rice krispies to match each holiday.
The possibilities are endless!
What else can you make with rice krispies? Check out #YahooDIY for 15 yummy recipe ideas!
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe with Rice Krispies
- 8 oz white chocolate melts or chips
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 half gallon vanilla ice cream softened
- 16 oz whipped topping softened
- chocolate kisses I used candy cane ones
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl in short intervals until melted.
- Stir in rice krispies cereal, coating the cereal completely.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9" or 10" springform pan.
- Freeze crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spread the ice cream on top.
- Top with whipped topping and chocolate kisses.
- Cover and freeze at least two hours.
- When ready to serve, allow to sit out for 15 minutes to make it easier to cut into slices.
Also could be made in a 9x13 pan.
Disclosure: Thank you Yahoo! for sponsoring this post. While this was a sponsored opportunity from Yahoo!, all content and opinions expressed are my own.
My mouth is watering and I think I just drooled!
Thanks, Roxanne! Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Wow that looks awesome! When I was a kid we used to eat fruity pebble with ice cream and it was soo good. I bet this is similar with the crunch! Pinned!
I love that, Kim! I pretty much love anything with ice cream!
fun twist on the usual dish or ice cream or a rice crispy treat. Think it would be fun for summer time too!
Thanks, Linda. It’s definitely tasty in the summertime!
It looks so delicious and so easy to make. Just up my alley.
Yep, I’m all for easy and delicious……and ice cream!
What a delicious recipe! My family will love it.
Marty this looks so good. I ‘m going to make this for my grand daughter’s birthday this weekend. Thank you
Hi, Deana. Happy birthday to your granddaughter! I hope she enjoys the ice cream cake recipe!
Yum! Not a baker here, but I think even I could manage this -:D. TY!
Hi, Cat. I don’t bake much anymore but I do love a good ice cream recipe!
Love this simple dessert idea! I’ll be serving this on a hot summer day!
Hi, Susan! Yes, this recipe is perfect for our hot summer days. Enjoy!
You just totally made my day Marty. I LUV Rice Krispies. I could eat the stuff for breakfast, lunch, and supper and never get enough. Can’t wait to try your recipe
I love it! Another Rice Krispies fan! Enjoy the recipe!
This looks amazing! Tasty and cute! I can’t wait for Christmas! This will be on my list to make!
Thanks, Jennie. We really love the blend of Rice Krispies and ice cream!
This looks delicious. I love Christmas and I love ice cream cake. My birthday is 8 days before Christmas so this would be perfect and easy to make.
Hi, Judith. I have two kids with December birthdays, the 12th and the 26th and now a grandson on the 17th. It’s a busy month and this ice cream cake is perfect. Enjoy!
Is whipped topping cream? Thanks
Hi, Veronica. It’s whipped topping, like Cool Whip. Two 8 ounce cartons. Enjoy!
Marty this looks yummy and not to hard. I need to try this ASAP. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Diana!