Instant Russian Tea is a hot beverage our family enjoys on Thanksgiving night as we decorate the Christmas tree, with strains of Point of Grace CD playing in the background. After this treasured family tradition we then reflect on our many blessings of the past year.
We love to drink the tea all winter but the first batch gets made just before Thanksgiving. It is delicious served to a group or enjoyed alone while quietly sitting by a beautifully lit Christmas tree in the evening. (Or for me, while looking at our Christmas village.)
Note of caution: Do not try and use whole cloves to save money by crushing them yourselves. Picking bits of cloves out of your tea is not fun. Not that I would know about that.
What is your favorite family Thanksgiving tradition?
- 1 lb. jar instant orange drink (Tang)
- 1 pkg. unsweetened lemonade Kool-Aid
- ¾ cup unsweetened instant tea
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients well and store in tightly closed container.
- Add to hot water as many teaspoons as desired to taste.
Like what you read? Follow me here: