Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

This DIY wall art project is so easy I’m almost ashamed to share it with you.

Almost. Not quite.

You might remember our small bathroom remodel. Oh how it still pains me to see this before!

How to Install a Beadboard Wall

As we were remodeling this tiny space we tried to save and repurpose as much as we could.

How to Make a Chalk Message Board from a Bathroom Mirror-1

We saved the mirror from the medicine cabinet and repurposed it into a chalk board for the kitchen.

Chalk Kitchen Message Board from Marty's Musings

For today’s project we saved the door fronts from our base cabinet that was rotting.

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

The cabinet was worthless but we saved the two drawer fronts and took the knobs off. I had no idea what we would do with them, but they went into my hubby’s “stash,” just waiting for some inspiration.

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

The color scheme for the bathroom came from a scrapbook pad I bought. I just loved the color combination. (And y’all know I have a store full of paper, right?)

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

After Tim finished installing the beadboard I grabbed that paper and cut it to fit inside the drawer front.

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper-6

I attached the paper with Quick Dry Adhesive which sticks amazingly well.

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

I told you it was easy! Doesn’t it look great? Easy wall art from repurposed drawer fronts and scrapbook paper.

Easy Wall Art with Scrapbook Paper

I’m discovering that it’s the little touches I enjoy the most. I love my Dollar Store blue baskets with my chalkboard tags, another repurposing project.

Small Bathroom Remodel from Marty's Musings-8

I love the $2 CD rack turned on its side to hold our towels.

Small Bathroom Remodel from Marty's Musings-11

I also love the fact that I can just add another layer of paper if I change the colors in the bathroom or I get bored!

And there you have it! The easiest wall art ever!

**September, 2015  The scrapbook paper has held up well in the two years since I completed this project. Pretty great for an easy bathroom project!

Comments

1. What a beautiful yet simple project! I can’t wait to do something similar now. Thanks for sharing!

Hi, Ashley, I’m so glad you enjoyed my simple wall art! Emphasis on simple! Have a great day!

2. JaneEllen says:

Love the colors you used and the paper is perfect. I have got to find that paper stack. Hope Michaels has it. Where did you buy it, do you know? What a gorgeous simple art project, and such a great use for those door fronts. Yeah for reuse so beautifully. Sure glad you shared this project, inspiring.
    Sometimes I buy paper, keep it cause it’s so pretty I can’t decide to use it for anything, then hoard it. I just like to look at it. Never scrapbooked in my life but I do make lots of projects for holidays, etc .with the papers, especially the 2 sided heavier stock. Happy weekend

I mY have gotten the paper stack at JoAnn’s or Hobby Lobby but I’d definitely try Michael’s, too. It’s the first time I’ve really been inspired by a paper and designed a room around it. I highly recommend it! I do still love scrapbooking but with blogging becoming so time consuming I don’t scrapbook except for girls’ weekends away. Have you ever heard of Project Life?

3. Marty Walden says:

Hi, Renee. I collect scrapbook paper just to look at it! Not really, but I do have a ton and I do love looking at it. It inspires me!

4. Donna Wilkes says:

I am very impressed with the great transformation of this bath. The artwork is clever, but the organized baskets are wonderful.

Thanks, Donna! We love our bathroom and every little detail that makes it home! The baskets are from the dollar store and they’re my fav!

5. Sometimes it the simplest projects that make the biggest impact…very clever! This would be perfect for our Get Your DIY on Fall Party Challenge. This weeks theme is thrifty upcycles! The party’s just getting started, hope to see you there:) http://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/get-your-diy-on-week-3/

Hi, Christy. We do love our bathroom and anything with scrapbook paper is a win-win! Have a great week!

6. Jessica says:

Love it!! Now I want to get to the craft store to pick up some paper! We’re working on a nursery for my little one on the way and doing it nautical themed. I’ll bet I could find something like this! I don’t have drawer fronts…but I’m sure I can figure something out! 🙂

Nautical sounds amazing. You probably can find some paper buying it by the sheet, but I love the stacks (bought with coupons, of course) because they provide so many choices. Have a great day!

7. Hi! I’m visiting from the Better Mom Monday link party. I love the re-purposed chalkboard! That’s a great idea, and I never knew you could make one from a mirror!

Thanks for stopping by, Steffany. We use chalkboard paint on everything! It works great on a mirror, wall or just about any solid surface.

8. What a cute little bathroom! I love the storage and your vanity/sink! Not to mention the beadboard it awesome too!!!

Jessica

9. Beautiful job. I love those teal bins! Don’t forget to link up to The DIY’ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-30.html

10. Heather says:

This is great! I love how they turned out, all of the organizational items, the art, all of it! The color scheme is beautiful. Tips & Tricks has a theme of paper this week, and I’d love for you to share this project… it’s a wonderful example of how to use paper in decor. ((BTW – don’t know if you knew this or not, but Prairie Girl to Southern Belle and Like Gramma’s House are both cohosting now. So, every link shows up on three blogs, and we share every link on Facebook & Pinterest, so it’s great exposure)).. This post is just wonderful! Great job!

11. What an amazingly simple, yet genius idea! And they add just pizazz to the space, love it!

Hi, Shannon. I’m glad you enjoyed the wall art and it was so incredibly easy! I love scrapbook paper so that part was easy!

12. Love it! Pinned it!