No Sew Pillow From a Place Mat

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

Need a quick and easy project to add a little pop to your Christmas decor?

This is No Sew Pillow from a Place Mat is it!

I had seen on Pinterest the idea of using place mats to make pillows and I thought it was a genius idea. I don’t sew, but I knew I could figure out a way to make it work!

Step One: Buy cloth place mats at the end of the season or on clearance to get a good price. (I paid around $3 for each one on sale this year.)

Step Two: Using a seam ripper take apart the seam at one of the place mat.

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

Step Three: Use an old pillow for its stuffing or polyfill (found at craft or fabric stores) and stuff the place mat until it is as fluffy as you want it.

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

Step Four: Hot glue the end of the pillow shut.

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

That’s it! You’re done! Isn’t that amazing?

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

Yes, I know it would be hard to wash this, but for approximately $3 a pillow you can either use it decoratively or swap it out if it gets rough looking.

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

Since my den is brown and red I’m going to use these pillows during the year as well.

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

This project can easily be translated to any season or decor. Look for place mats on clearance or at the end of a season.

You can also find pillows at yard sales and just remove the stuffing instead of buying new polyfill.

I can’t wait to go hunting for more place mats, but until then I will be content sitting in this corner of our living room with my Russian Tea, visiting with friends and family.

No Sew Placemat Pillow from Marty's Musings

It’s been a busy season already, full of Christmas projects and goodies. Have you seen the rest of our home all decked out for the holidays?

2013 Christmas Home Tour

Comments

1. Diana says:

This is a brilliant idea. I had not seen this, so thanks for sharing Marty.

I wish I could claim credit, Diana, but I just saw it on Pinterest and thought it was too good to keep to myself! Have a blessed Christmas!

2. Rhonda says:

This looks easy enough for even me to do! Thanks for sharing Marty…Merry Christmas!

Hi, Rhonda. This is definitely for those who don’t sew, like me! Love my glue gun!

3. I really like the rag wreath idea ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Those placemat pillows….that’s another fantastic one ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ THanks for the great and easy ideas ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Deborah says:

Love this placemat no sew pillows! Will be sharing with our readers!!!

Thanks for sharing, Deborah! I’m definitely a no sew girl!

5. Jean J. says:

I don’t sew and this is the perfect project for me… THANKS so much for sharing!

I don’t sew, either, Jean so this was a great option for me as well! I hope your project turns out well and thanks for reading!

6. Linda L. says:

That’s a clever idea using placemats! Since I sew I would omit the hot glue and stitch it together, but the idea of placemats is cute as there are always pretty seasonal ones available.

Hi, Linda! I’m glad you liked the place mat pillows! I’d love to be able to sew like you!

7. Julie says:

2 words – Freakin genius!!!