Baking can be fun AND delicious with this easy family favorite recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. Ingredients are easily found and bake up in a jiffy!
What would Christmas be without a little bit of holiday baking?
Or maybe a lot depending on your traditions and available time.
I’ve had other homeschool moms remark that all my kids know how to bake.
It’s true. I like to have my kids bake something for me when I’m responsible for bringing food to an event.
They get the challenge, the experience and the compliments when they are recognized for their work. They also get to take part in learning about the gift of service through food.
Besides, food is a love language, isn’t it?
I especially love this Oreo Cheesecake Cookies recipe because it combines my love of Oreos and cream cheese.
Oh, and chocolate chips, too. Okay, I just love everything about this recipe!
After the dough is completed you roll it into 1″ balls and then in the cookie crumbs.
After the cookies were done this time, I added a bit of the candy melts to the center of each cookie.
But honestly, this cookie is so good that you don’t need the icing if you want to skip that step.
The best part of the cookie? Biting into a melted chocolate chip.
Or maybe it’s the Oreo cookie crumbs.
I don’t know. I really can’t decide.
I just know the cookies are hidden away in the pantry until my party Tuesday night.
Yes, they’re that good.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- ½ cup Land O'Lakes (1 butter stick), softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (I used a blender)
- ½ cup white candy melts (or white chocolate chips), melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until they are mixed well.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls and roll in Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Place Oreo covered cookies onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the tops slightly puffed.
- Cool on the pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, drizzle cookies with melted candy melts.
I used a stand mixer, but a hand mixer is an option.
I recently discovered that it's easier to melt more candy melts rather than less. I used a whole bag for a double recipe and had some left over. The melts became much thinner with a larger amount. Just follow the instructions on the package.
Want to see more of my holiday favorite recipes? One essential recipe is Cranberry Apple Casserole.
We love these easy Sausage Roll Ups, too!
For a party my Frozen Jelly Punch is always a smash hit,
and Instant Russian Tea is a must for family gatherings.