Apple Pie Bars with Crumb ToppingThis post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission.
Simply stated, I love fall!
I adore everything about it, from the lower temps to the warm fuzzy sweaters!
When the weather turns just a hair cooler I’m all over soup recipes, snuggling with a cuddly blanket and nesting for winter.
These apple pie bars with crumb topping add just the right touch of sweetness to dinner or make a great breakfast treat.
Want to know a secret?
This recipe doesn’t require fresh apples, just canned apple pie filling. Technically they taste great all year round, but my fall lovin’ self says now’s the time to try them out!
This is such a quick goodie to take to potluck meals or throw together in a hurry for a spontaneous gathering with friends and family.
Happy fall y’all!
Apple Pie Bars with Crumb Topping
- 1 18- oz pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats divided
- 1 stick margarine softened, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 21- oz can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is heating, grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, 6 tbs margarine, 1 cup of oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside 1 cup of this for the topping.
- Add egg to the remaining mixture and mix well.
- Press evenly into pan, pour pie filling over base and spread.
- Take remaining topping and add 1/4 cup oatmeal, 2 tbs margarine and brown sugar.
- Mix well and sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until topping is a light golden brown.
- If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Are you following along with my new series?
My hope is that my 31 Days to a Beautiful Home series will motivate and inspire you to spend just a bit of time creating a home you will love and embracing the life you have been given! Just click here to view all the posts.
Looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it!