This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars recipe is sure to be a winner! Who doesn’t love Reese’s cups, cream cheese and chocolate?
Taking a glance through the dessert category on my blog one might think I like chocolate.
And peanut butter cups.
And you would be right! I love chocolate the most but peanut butter cups come in a close second!
I love them together or separate or just by themselves!
My DIY hubby is not much of a cheesecake fan but he loved these bars.
How can you go wrong with peanut butter cups?
The original recipe I was working from used chocolate and peanut butter morsels, which I didn’t have.
I substituted actual peanut butter cups and chocolate chips which worked out great!
Which do you like better, peanut butter cups or chocolate by itself?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 sleeves chocolate graham crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz. peanut butter cups chopped in fourths
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 8- oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Save 1 cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups and chocolate chips over crust.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract in larger mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Pour over crust, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack and refrigerate until firm.