Do you ever have one of those last minute gatherings where you’ve got to get the kids ready, a dish provided and really don’t want to show up as the only person without homemade food?
I know exactly how you feel! I’m not one for rushing by the grocery to pick up a ready made product so I’m sharing this very simple dish that my family loves!
This salad is also perfect for just hanging out with family in the backyard!
This quick and easy pasta salad is made from only three ingredients!
You can use your favorite pasta and cooked vegetables.
Bottle of Italian dressing.
If you wanted to veer from the standard try it with a bottle of ranch dressing or your favorite healthy dressing.
Make it early in the day before the kitchen gets hot and you have an excuse not to cook in the heat of the day!
This recipe doubles well for large crowds. You can always mix a bit more of the Italian dressing in to leftovers to keep the flavor fresh.
- 12 oz. pasta (I used bow tie and shells)
- 8 oz. bottled Italian dressing
- 24-32 oz. mixed frozen vegetables
- Parmesan if desired
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cook vegetables according to package.
- Cool pasta and vegetables and add to bowl.
- Mix in Italian dressing and chill.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can use any kind of pasta but I like the smaller ones. Elbow macaroni is also fine to use.
- I used a frozen vegetable stir fry mix without adding the marinade. I stir fried them in a pan according to the directions instead of boiling them. Either way is fine.
- You can also add tomatoes or any other cooked vegetable that sounds good!
Would you like a sampling of my favorite recipes? Click on the picture to be taken straight to the recipe.