These easy chocolate chip banana muffins are a great way to use up old bananas and you only need one bowl! Delish anytime of the day!
What do you get when you combine bananas and chocolate chips? Delicious banana chocolate chip muffins to serve family or friends!
Whenever I make this recipe for get-togethers I’m always asked for the recipe. To me, that’s the ultimate compliment!
As a homeschooling mom of 23 years I taught my kids to bake these treats with this recipe (yes, it’s that easy!) and I love that it only uses one mixing bowl! Plus, I’m sharing the instructions to make a bread loaf if that’s your favorite.
Easy Pumpkin Muffins from a cake mix are also another family favorite! It’s always good to have a quick recipe to make ahead for breakfast or snack time..
- ripe bananas
- vegetable oil or unsalted butter
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
Grease muffin pan with oil or melted butter and flour in the muffin cups or use paper liners.
Mash bananas then blend together wet ingredients of sugar, bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or whisk.
Stir in remaining dry ingredients and pour batter into cupcake liners.
Bake at 325 degrees oven temperature for 18-20 minutes.
If top starts to brown too much cover with foil until done.
Let muffin tins cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
- Obviously one way to vary this recipe is by making banana bread instead. Baking instructions are included with the recipe.
- Another way is to use a mini muffin pan or mini loaves. Always check your oven during the baking process if you’re not sure of the length of time to bake.
- Adding nuts such as walnuts and pecans are a great addition. Break them into small pieces and add to the batter.
- Instead of milk chocolate chips use mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle a couple teaspoons of cinnamon on top before baking and see how you like it!
- I love to double this recipe and freeze muffins or a loaf for later.
The best way to store banana chocolate chip muffins in a zippered storage bag or an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep about 5 days.
You can wrap them individually with plastic wrap under a layer of aluminum foil or put them in a zippered bag with the date on it in the freezer. Defrost at room temperature or use the microwave to warm them up a bit.
One of my tips for using the microwave is to sprinkle some water over the muffin before warming. That helps keep the moisture in and the muffin won’t be too dry!
FAQs about Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana 3 large
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grease loaf pan (approximately 9x5x3) with shortening and flour.
- Blend together sugar, bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- If top starts to brown too much cover with foil until done.
- Let cool 10 minutes, loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove.