This simple Jiffy Corn Casserole with Cheese recipe is perfect for family gatherings and days you need a quick side dish!
Even though my kids are all grown family is still my number one priority. With my divorce, Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays and traditions look different and this new season has brought both healing and brokenness.
My love for Jiffy Cornbread mixes is no secret! For years the number one post on my blog was my Jiffy Cornbread with creamed corn! With 350+ comments on ways to add to my basic recipe, I knew my readers truly loved it!
Since I love Jiffy I created a similar recipe of Jiffy Corn Casserole as a side dish for favorite family meals. Easy and yummy. It’s the best!
- melted butter (unsalted if you prefer)
- box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- canned sweet corn
- canned cream corn
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt the butter and pour into large casserole dish. (I skip dirtying a large mixing bowl and pour it straight into the 9×13 dish.)
Add the Jiffy cornbread mix to dish.
Pour in the cream-style corn and the whole kernel corn.
Add one egg.
Sprinkle half the cheddar cheese (1 cup).
Whisk or stir until everything is combined.
Dollop the sour cream evenly over the top.
Then gently drag a knife through the mixture to swirl together.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the middle is set completely. Serve warm!
Substitutions or Additions
The one thing about a simple family recipe like this one is you can easily substitute or add on ingredients your specific family enjoys.
- Sprinkle a little bit of chopped green onion on top for flavor and and prettiness.
- If you don’t have canned corn just use frozen. I would thaw ahead of time and then dry with a paper towel so the corn doesn’t add too much liquid.
- If you only have one type of corn just use two cans of it!
- Have a sweet tooth like me? Just sprinkle a little sugar into the mixture and it’ll taste more like a dessert!
- You can always mix it up with the cheese. If you like it spicy try a pepper jack cheese. If you want it a little more mild use a mild cheddar or even shredded provolone or Swiss. For a little more spice add green chiles or even jalapeños.
- f you don’t have sour cream on hand you can substitute cream cheese for a thicker and tangier taste.
FAQs about Jiffy Corn Casserole
I’ve also rounded up some more of the best corn bread recipes from across the web. Click on the link below for more inspiration!
Jiffy Corn Casserole with Cheese
- 1 casserole or serving dish
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 can corn not drained
- 1 can creamed corn not drained
- 1 egg
- 8 oz cheddar cheese (about 2 cups) shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large casserole dish, add the melted butter, Jiffy mix, both cans of corn, egg and half the cheddar cheese (1 cup). Mix until everything is combined.
- Dollop the sour cream evenly over the top. Then gently drag a knife through the mixture to swirl together.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the middle is set completely. Serve warm!