This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I am a Girl Scout drop out.
Yes, I confess. I couldn’t handle the pressure.
I was the cutest little brownie you’d ever seen, though. Pig tails, big ol’ glasses and saddle shoes.
Yet somehow when I graduated to girl scouts there were more expectations than just singing fun rounds and making cute little crafts.
There were badges and memorization and overnight campouts.
I think that was it. Me. The outdoors. Bugs. Not a good combination.
I guess I’ll just have to cherish those few memories fondly and indulge my love of Girl Scout cookies with this simple dessert recipe for Chocolate Candy Bar Parfait!
Now y’all know I love chocolate since I have a whole post devoted to my favorite chocolate recipes.
Combine this great love of chocolate with a fondness for Girl Scout cookies and you have a can’t miss combination.
I shopped my local Walmart and found the NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® Candy Bars nestled at the front of the store directly behind the registers (just right to grab a box
or two or three on the way out!)
These treats are available in these three flavors: Peanut Butter Creme,; Caramel & Coconut and Thin Mints®.
The mini candy bars are an amazing treat all alone, but this recipe uses chocolate pudding and chopped up Peanut Butter Creme bars. Vanilla pudding could be used instead with any of the candy bar flavors.
Here’s my first tip: Instead of using a mixer or blender for the instant pudding just get a 32 ounce empty plastic container with secure lid and shake for one minute. Less mess and a little bit of exercise to boot!
To get beautiful layers: use a wide mouth funnel to pour in the pudding and wipe down the sides if the pudding drips. I used a carton of whipped topping for the layers and canned for a prettier garnish on top.
Better hurry because NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® bars are only available until the end of the summer at your favorite Walmart store.
Now tell me…….did you make it farther in Scouts than I did?
- 1 7.8 oz. box NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® candy bars
- 1 3.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 4 oz. whipped topping, softened
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Chop up the candy bars into small pieces.
- Mix instant chocolate pudding and milk together in a shaker cup for 60 seconds.
- Layer chocolate pudding, whipped topping and candy bars, ending with chocolate and a whipped cream garnish.
- This recipe made enough for four parfait glasses.
- If necessary, let first layer of pudding harden in glass 5 minutes in the refrigerator before adding the rest of the layers.
- Instead of using a mixer or blender for the instant pudding use a 32 ounce empty plastic container with secure lid and shake for one minute. Less mess and a little bit of exercise to boot!
- To get beautiful layers: use a wide mouth funnel to pour in the pudding and wipe down the sides if the pudding drips. I used a carton of whipped topping for the layers and canned for a prettier garnish on top.
For more inspiration check out my top 10 favorite chocolate recipes!