Does that loooooong title get your attention?
I love cheesecake.
And I love chocolate mousse.
Combining the two? Genius.
I’ve only been to Ruth’s Chris Steak House one time but it was memorable and delicious.
But this recipe? Heavenly.
I still have the newspaper clipping I cut out many years ago.
Remember what a newspaper is? Those oversized sheets of paper with newsprint on them?
Yep, I’m telling my age. I still love my newspaper even though it’s shrunk to approximately the size of a napkin.
The main adjustment I made from my original recipe is to use less filling in order to get it into a 9×13 dish. Even with lessening this amount you still get a recipe that feeds a crowd.
- 1 2/3 cups crushed oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 20 oz. (2 1/2 8-oz. pkgs) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbs vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 16-oz. carton whipped topping
- oreo cookie crumbs
- Mix oreo crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Pack into a 9x13 dish.
- In largest bowl of mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- When lumps are gone, beat in cocoa.
- Fold in whipped topping, just until mixed, on low speed.
- Fill crust, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with extra cookie crumbs if desired.
Check out more of my favorite desserts! Simply click on the pictures to be taken directly to the posts.