Feed a crowd with this decadent Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, a knockoff of Ruth’s Chris Steak House delicious dessert with oreos and cream cheese.
Does that loooooong title get your attention?
I love cheesecake.
And I love chocolate mousse.
Combining the two? Genius.
I’ve only been to Ruth’s Chris Steak House one time but it was memorable and delicious.
But this recipe? Heavenly and one you’ll want to repeat over and over again.
I still have the newspaper clipping I cut out many years ago.
Remember what a newspaper is? Those oversized sheets of paper with newsprint on them?
Yep, I’m telling my age. I still love my newspaper even though it’s shrunk to approximately the size of a napkin.
When I want a dessert to feed my ever growing family (married children and now grandkids, woohoo!), I reach for this amazingly delicious chocolate dessert.
I mean, who doesn’t love oreos with their cheesecake?
The main adjustment I made from my original recipe is to use less filling in order to get it into a 9×13 dish. Even with lessening this amount you still get a recipe that feeds a crowd.
Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake inspired by Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- 1 2/3 cups crushed oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 20 oz. 2 1/2 8-oz. pkgs cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbs vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 16- oz. carton whipped topping
- oreo cookie crumbs
- Mix oreo crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter. Pack into a 9x13 dish.
- In largest bowl of mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- When lumps are gone, beat in cocoa.
- Fold in whipped topping, just until mixed, on low speed.
- Fill crust, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with extra cookie crumbs if desired.
Check out more of my favorite desserts!