To me, slow cooker chicken and rice soup represents home.
Taking care of my family when they’re sick.
Celebrating the fun of a snow day with delicious smells wafting from the slow cooker.
Because you know working out in the snow is hard work.
Especially when the igloo needs to be “this big.”
This guy shoveled and hauled for hours
so his kids could have the biggest fort in the neighborhood.
The least I could do was spend a little bit of time chopping and dicing.
You know. Slaving over a
hot stove slow cooker for at least 3 hours.
Serving up a hot meal with a smile for my teenage children to remember when they’re far away.
When I’ll be missing them as much as I do their older siblings.
Enjoy the soup and embrace the fun of these childhood moments!
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- black pepper, sea salt and basil to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 10-3/4 oz. cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (or until vegetables are done) or high for 3 hours.
- You can use only one can of condensed soup if you want a thinner soup base.
- Add whatever vegetables you prefer or leave out the ones you don't like!
- I made the chicken broth with chicken cubes and hot water.
- Can substitute cooked turkey for the chicken.
Not in the mood for chicken and rice soup? How about Mama’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup?
Or this tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup?
Hands down, Slow Cooker Taco Soup is the easiest soup I make and a family favorite.
And finally, there’s White Chicken Chili!
Linking with: Snap!