Slow Cooker Taco Soup: Easy Dump and Go Recipe!This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. Read more here.
This slow cooker taco soup recipe is a quick and inexpensive for days when you don’t want to have to think about what’s for dinner!
When my kids were still at home we always, and I mean always, sat down together as a family for dinner. Breakfast was fend for yourself, lunch was usually sandwiches or leftovers but dinner? This was the time for us to create traditions and memories.
This crock pot taco soup recipe is a family favorite. Served with my favorite moist Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn, you’ve got a winner of a meal!
This is the perfect winter recipe to put in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day and have ready when you walk in the door for dinner. Or if you like soup during the warm months make it then!
- Chili beans
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Whole sweet corn
- Creamed corn
- Taco seasoning mix
- Chili powder
- Ground turkey or beef
See the recipe card for quantities.
Brown ground turkey and chopped onion in a large skillet.
If you like to add spices with you brown your meat try cumin, pepper, paprika or garlic powder for some variation. This is a recipe you can easily experiment on each time you make it!
Also make sure to drain the meat so you don’t have excess grease in the coup. This crockpot taco soup recipe is very forgiving but let’s make it as healthy as possible!
Do not drain any of the canned foods.
Add both chili beans and kidney beans to the slow cooker.
Add black beans to the mixture.
Add tomato sauce.
Add tomatoes and chiles.
Pour in both types of corn.
Add taco seasoning and 1 tablespoon chili powder.
Add browned ground beef and onions.
Stir all ingredients together.
Simmer for 3-4 hours.
Before serving stir all ingredients one more time.
Serve warm and garnish with optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.
Some tips for making this recipe:
- If you don’t like your chili too spicy just substitute canned tomatoes for the tomatoes and chilis.
- If you DO like this recipe spicy add some jalapeños to the mix for medium heat!
- This is a “dump” recipe that goes straight into the slow cooker. No extra dishes!
- This recipe is easy to double or just add a second can of your favorite ingredient!
- Can use ground beef, sirloin or turkey. Your preference!
- Garnish with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream or crumbled tortilla chips.
- This soup also freezes well. Just let it cool and store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
FAQs about Slow Cooker Taco Soup
What readers are saying:
Readers who have made this recipe are raving about it! Here is what they had to say after feeding their family:
Using a slow cooker (or crock pot) not only saves time but also lessens the stress of what’s for dinner!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 can whole sweet corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- Brown ground turkey and chopped onion.
- Do not drain any of the canned foods.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Simmer for at least a couple of hours.
- Serve warm and garnish with optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.
I can’t wait to try this! Sounds delicious ?
Definitely adding this to my meal prep rotation!