Slow cooker taco soup is a quick, inexpensive recipe for days when you don’t want to have to think about what’s for dinner!
As a homeschooling mom of many (5 kids, both biological and adopted) I needed some meals that were simple and ready at the end of what were usually hard days.
Those were long days of schooling, piano lessons, field trips and therapy sessions for my adopted kids with wounded hearts.
Many days we were just hanging on by our finger nails.
Can anyone relate?
We always, and I mean always, sat down together as a family for dinner. Breakfast was fend for yourself, lunch was usually sandwiches or leftovers but dinner? This was the time for us to create traditions and memories.
So how do I know if one of those meals was a true success?
My pickiest child (now grown with two babies of her own) asked me to put my Slow Cooker Taco Soup on my blog so she’d have it! There’s no greater recommendation than that!
This is one of the easiest soups around and is great for a crowd. With Super Bowl Sunday coming up you need to keep this recipe handy.
Quick notes on the Slow Cooker Taco Soup recipe:
- Perfect recipe for busy families on the go.
- This is a “dump” recipe that goes straight into the slow cooker. No extra dishes!
- Double the recipe (or add extra of your favorite canned ingredients.)
- Can use ground beef, sirloin or turkey. Your preference!
- If you like the heat add extra chiles or peppers.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Serve it with my favorite cornbread and you have a delicious meal! (Seriously, you need to check out that cornbread recipe. The comments alone will amaze you!)
This is the perfect winter recipe to put in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day and have ready when you walk in the door for dinner.
(My husband is not a fan of soup in the summertime. Anyone else have a family member like this? It’s a total bummer!)
I love to take it to potlucks and I’ve even doubled it and served it to crowds for small group gatherings as well.
I can smell it even now!
What is your favorite quick meal idea? I’d love to know!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 can whole sweet corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- Brown ground turkey and chopped onion.
- Do not drain any of the canned foods.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Simmer for at least a couple of hours.
- Serve warm and garnish with optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.