This blog post was created prior to the Coronavirus outbreak and recent CDC social distancing recommendations. As many of us are spending more time at home, I hope this recipe inspires you to try something new and brings some joy. Stay safe!##AllNaturalSmithfieldFlavor
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Stressed out with little time to cook for your family? These Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Sliders are easy and delicious for either a main dish or appetizer!
I was “just” a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom for over 20 years. I say “just” because anyone who has stayed home with their kids knows it’s a full time job.
My oldest daughter now has two sons of her own and runs a business while juggling the boys. I don’t know how she does it.
But whatever stage of life you’re in, I’m guessing you’re balancing a lot.
Maybe it’s taking care of the kids or homeschooling for what feels like an eternity. (Wait. Maybe that was just me ~grin~)
Or you’re working to support your family financially while still being the best mom in the world.
It could even be the season of life where you’re giving back to your own parents as they age.
You might even be where I was at one point, stuck between both kids and parents. Never enough time or energy for any of these important people.
I just want you to know I see you. I see all those gestures of love that go unnoticed from everyone else.
You’re doing your absolute best and that’s all anyone can ask.
I offer you encouragement to stay the course wherever you’re called. You’re are doing life changing work and it matters.
Today let me help by giving you an easy recipe to prepare that’s also delicious and perfect for fall!
You can pickup a Smithfield All Natural Boneless Loin Filet at Walmart for an easy shopping experience.
One of the ways I’m eating better as I’ve gotten older is making sure our meat doesn’t have any added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork fills that requirement and is perfect for the slower cooker. So easy and versatile!
Walmart also has a good selection of Smithfield® products (in store or for online pickup.)
I’ve included a printable recipe below for your convenience.
Tips for making these Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Sliders:
- Use your slow cooker (otherwise known as crockpot) to save time during your busy day.
- Time saving tip: Gather all the ingredients the night before and place in slow cooker.
- Cut the meat in half if needed to fit in slow cooker.
- Serve on Hawaiian rolls or bread of your choice.
- Perfect with slaw for tailgating and other events.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Sliders
I chose a recipe with ingredients that were easily available.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except Smithfield Boneless Loin Filet.
Cut pork loin filet in half if necessary to fit into slow cooker.
Pour one layer of sauce on the bottom, add pork loin and pour remaining sauce over the meat.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7 hours. (You know your slow cooker best so cooking times may vary.)
Shred the meat on a plate and add back into sauce. Cook a few minutes longer if desired to allow sauce to penetrate meat.
Serve on Hawaiian rolls!
These sliders are Guaranteed Tender and would be perfect for watching fall sports or for the main course at dinner.
Check out Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork for more great recipes!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Sliders
- Slow Cooker
- 1 Smithfield All Natural Boneless Loin Filet
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs paprika
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except pork loin filet.
- Pour half of the amount into bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut pork loin filet in half if necessary to fit into slow cooker.
- Pour remaining sauce over meat.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Shred the meat on a plate using two forks and add back into sauce. Cook a few minutes longer if desired to allow sauce to penetrate pork.
- Serve on Hawaiian rolls. Can add slaw if desired!