This slow cooker chicken gnocchi soup recipe tastes just like the Olive Garden classic. Here’s a copycat that’s quick to prepare and makes a batch big enough to feed the whole family!
Are you a good speller? Did you like spelling bees in elementary school?
No? I am but I totally blew the pronunciation for this soup when I first made it.
It’s “nokey” or “nyo-key” (my phonics, not the dictionary’s.) Since I often fix this soup when one of our family gets sick I better at least know how to pronounce it! (Spelling is optional.)
Who loves a good copycat recipe? I sure love me some Olive Garden food and today I’m sharing my Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup that’s similar to the original. I may have taken a few shortcuts but I’m not a purist!
A bowl of this coup is perfect for cold winter days when you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. The ingredients are easily found in your local store and great if you menu plan!
This is a great recipe for dumping in the slow cooker around noon so that it’s ready for dinner. The flavor is delicious and one of my favorite recipes to serve with this is my Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn recipe.
- Alfredo sauce
- water or chicken broth
- cooked cubed chicken
- chopped spinach
- creamed corn
- evaporated milk or heavy cream
- potato gnocchi
- chopped celery, garlic, shredded carrots or onions (optional)
- seasonings: thyme, salt, pepper, parsley, nutmeg (use as desired)
Cook and shred skinless chicken breasts.
You can buy chicken already cooked and shredded which will save you some prep time or I just like to keep a few packages frozen to use when needed.
Add all ingredients except gnocchi to the slow cooker and combine well.
I like to grease my crockpot with butter or a spray just to make sure nothing sticks. Or you can also use the disposable slow cooker liners. Anything for an easy cleanup!
This is also the time to add any extra veggies or spices to truly make this soup your own perfect version!
Cook in the crock pot on high for 2 hours or low 4 hours.
If desired, stir as needed. As always, your crock pot may vary in cooking speed so check as often as necessary.
Add gnocchi to soup and combine well. Cook for 1 hour longer on low.
Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
I like to add a little bit of liquid when I rewarm the soup because the gnocchi tends to soak up the liquid. Use milk, broth or water as you please.
Tips for storing and serving:
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- I like to add a little bit of liquid when I rewarm the soup because the gnocchi tends to soak up the liquid.
- Use milk, broth or water as you please.
- For a smaller family I would definitely cut this recipe in half and use a smaller slow cooker. Adjust the cook time for this change.
FAQs about Gnocchi
Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 15- oz jars Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cans chopped spinach
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 10- oz evaporated milk
- 2 16- oz pkgs potato gnocchi
- 1 chopped celery, garlic, shredded carrots or onions (optional)
- 1 thyme, salt, pepper, parsley, nutmeg (use as desired)
- Add all ingredients except gnocchi to the slow cooker and combine well.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low 4 hours.
- Add gnocchi to soup and combine well. Cook for 1 hour longer on low.
Slow cookers vary in length of cooking time so adjust according to your specifications.
When I warm this soup for leftovers I add a bit of milk to it because it thickens after it’s done.