Banana Crumb Muffin with Streusel ToppingThis post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission.
This easy banana crumb muffin with a delicious streusel topping is great for breakfast or to accompany a meal. Can even use frozen bananas in the mix!
When I saw this recipe I knew I wanted to see if the Banana Crumb Muffins would taste as good as my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
None of my family are huge breakfast eaters (at least in the morning) so I like to have something homemade that’s easy for them to grab.
One of the easiest ways to use over ripe bananas is in bread or in freezing for later use. If you see older bananas being sold at a great price at the grocery store, grab them, bring them home and freeze them!
So what was the verdict?
The muffins were a hit and we loved the streusel crumb topping. They also make a great snack for hungry teenagers!
If you’re feeling adventurous use an extra large muffin tin.
Banana Crumb Muffins
Banana Crumb Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture gently into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, 2 tbs flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tbs butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
I usually make bread too just because it’s faster, but the muffins do seem a little more special or something. They look beautiful! I want one!!!!
These look amazing – always looking for quick breakfasts on the run. Your photography is amazing as usual! Pinning these!
And wish I could join you gals at the NC meet up!
This looks good. Ive tried your chocolate chip banana bread and it was an instant hit with my friends and family and they keep on asking me to bake it every time we see each other. I will definitely try this banana crumb muffin this weekend and cant wait to let my friends and family try them 🙂 I just need to ask when you said beat the banana, eggs, vanilla etc does that mean i need to use an electric mixer? also can i use a cupcake an instead of a muffin pan? Just want to make sure. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your recipes 🙂
Hi! Thanks for the questions (and I’m glad you liked the chocolate chip banana bread!) I did not mean an electric mixer because I know that muffin batter is not supposed to be a smooth like cake mixes. You really just want to combine until the ingredients are mixed in together but don’t over stir. What’s the difference between a cupcake and muffin pan? I use a 12-muffin (cupcake) pan.
Streusel makes everything taste delicious!