This easy banana crumb muffin with a delicious streusel topping is great for breakfast or to accompany a meal. Can even use frozen bananas in the mix!
None of my family are huge breakfast eaters (at least in the morning) so I like to have something homemade that’s easy for them to grab.
One of the easiest ways to use over ripe bananas is in bread or in freezing for later use. If you see older bananas being sold at a great price at the grocery store, grab them, bring them home and freeze them!
So what was the verdict?
The muffins were a hit and we loved the streusel crumb topping. They also make a great snack for hungry teenagers!
If you’re feeling adventurous use an extra large muffin tin.
Banana Crumb Muffins
Great tasting muffin for breakfast or snack!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture gently into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, 2 tbs flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tbs butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Save those overripe bananas for use in recipes by freezing them.