Everyone will love this frozen jello punch, a favorite easy recipe to prepare ahead of time for weddings, parties, and showers with friends and family!
Every mom needs to have a few special recipes that she is famous for. The number one that is at the top of my list? This frozen jello punch recipe!
My oldest daughter loved it so much she talked me into making 18 gallons of it for her wedding. You read that right. 18 gallons! Now that’s a mama’s love right there!
This recipe is not too complicated unless you start doubling or multiplying by 1 1/2. My feeling is if you get close enough to the original you’ll still have a great frozen drink! Or if math is your thing you go girl!
For Rachel’s wedding, I had 32 2-liters ready to serve with my 18 gallons of the frozen mixture. We ended with several bottles leftover and refroze the punch.
People rave over this recipe! Seriously, it’s a guaranteed hit!
- Use any flavor jell-o but I prefer red (strawberry) or green gelatin. These are perfect for the holidays.
- Don’t use grape jello because it ends up greyish pukey-looking. Just sayin’.
- I haven’t tried it but you could give orange juice a shot in place of the pineapple juice.
- For an adult version you could also add a shot of vodka for the perfect combination of frozen drink and a bit of alcohol. I haven’t tried this so if you do, let me know how it turns out!
If you need a large beverage container this one has the removable ice cone in the middle. It’s one of my favorite ways to serve punch. (However, honestly, you can’t dip out the fun slushy ice from this dispenser so it tastes better in a punch bowl. Your choice!)
Maybe a large punch bowl is more your style. This glass one also comes with 8 glasses, perfect for a luncheon or party!
- Make ahead and put in freezer to save preparation time. This allows you to save precious preparation time on the day of your event.
- Freeze in an inexpensive large pitcher made of plastic instead of leftover milk jugs. We learned the hard way at the wedding that you have to cut the top off the milk jug to get the frozen mixture out.
- How many does this recipe serve? My recommendation is to use small punch cups because your friends and family will drink every drop of this recipe! When I previously made this for my large Christmas party (about 40 people) I would make 1 1/2 times this recipe. You can always add more Ginger Ale to make it go farther.
- jello powder
- boiling water
- lemon juice
- pineapple juice
- Ginger Ale or lemon lime soda
See the recipe card for quantities.
(I’ve included some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
Step 1. Dissolve jello in boiling water and set aside.
Step 2. Boil sugar and water and add to jello.
Step 3. Cool and add lemon juice and pineapple juice to the mixture.
Step 4. Mix all together and freeze.
Step 5. When ready to use, allow some time for defrosting then stir it around and add 2 large bottles Ginger Ale.
Frozen Jello Punch Printable Recipe
Frozen Jello Punch
- 3 small pkg. jello any flavor
- 9 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 16 oz. bottle lemon juice
- 2 46- oz. cans pineapple juice
- 2 large bottles Ginger Ale
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and set aside.
- Boil sugar and water and add to jello.
- Cool and add lemon juice and pineapple juice to mixture.
- Mix all together and freeze.
- When ready to use, allow some time for defrosting then stir it around and add 2 large bottles Ginger Ale.
More Entertaining Ideas:
- Entire section of entertaining tips
- 25th wedding anniversary party
- Elephant themed baby shower
- Homemade potpourri with all natural ingredients
- Diaper and donuts baby shower
- Super bowl party
- Baby gender reveal
- Graduation party ideas