Everyone will love this frozen jello punch, a favorite easy recipe to prepare ahead of time for weddings, parties, and showers with friends and family!
Every mom needs to have a few special recipes that she is famous for. The number one that is at the top of my list is the world’s greatest slush punch! This frozen jello punch recipe!
I’ve served it my daughter’s wedding, my yearly Christmas parties, elephant themed baby shower, and as a holiday punch.
My oldest daughter loved it so much she talked me into making 18 gallons of it for her wedding. You read that right. 18 gallons! Now that’s a mama’s love right there! (Read how we threw a dream wedding for $5k here!)
People rave over this recipe! Seriously, it’s a guaranteed hit!
- jello powder
- boiling water
- lemon juice
- pineapple juice
- Ginger Ale or bottles of the lemon-lime soda
See the recipe card for quantities.
Step 1. Dissolve the jell-o mix in boiling hot water in large saucepan and set aside.
Step 2. Boil sugar and water and pour into jello.
Step 3. Cool and add lemon juice and pineapple juice to the mixture.
Step 4. Mix all together and divide mixture in separate containers for freezing.
Step 5. When ready to use, allow some time for defrosting then stir it around until you get a consistent slush and add 2 large bottles Ginger Ale.
FAQs about frozen punch
Beverage Container Ideas
If you need a large beverage container this one has the removable ice cone in the middle. It’s one of my favorite ways to serve punch. (However, honestly, you can’t dip out the fun slushy ice from this dispenser so it tastes better in a punch bowl. Your choice!)
Maybe a large punch bowl is more your style. This glass one also comes with 8 glasses, perfect for a luncheon or party!
Substitutions for this recipe
- Use any flavor jell-o but I prefer red (strawberry) or green gelatin. These are perfect for the holidays.
- Don’t use grape jello because it ends up greyish pukey-looking. Just sayin’.
- I haven’t tried it but you could give orange juice in place of the pineapple juice.
- For an adult version you could also add a shot of vodka for the perfect combination of frozen drink and a bit of alcohol. I haven’t tried this so if you do, let me know how it turns out!
Frozen Jello Punch
- 3 small pkg. jello any flavor
- 9 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 16 oz. bottle lemon juice
- 2 46- oz. cans pineapple juice
- 2 large bottles Ginger Ale
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and set aside.
- Boil sugar and water and add to jello.
- Cool and add lemon juice and pineapple juice to mixture.
- Mix all together and freeze.
- When ready to use, allow some time for defrosting then stir it around and add 2 large bottles Ginger Ale.