I don’t know about you, but I always thought making bread sounded so hard. Hours of slaving over the dough.
Not anymore. I’ve discovered a secret weapon. The bread machine!
This homemade hamburger buns recipe is just a measure and go one, but if you’re new to a bread machine I’ve left you a note on the recipe card to help you out.
Don’t they look amazing?
My family will tell you that once you taste these buns they will beg you not to go back to store bought!
Homemade Hamburger Buns
- 1 1/4 cup milk slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbs butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine in order listed.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with top of a drinking glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet equal distance apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and towel and let rise until about doubled in size, about one hour (or as long as necessary to achieve desired thickness.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes.
If the kitchen isn't warm enough (or I want the dough to rise faster) I will cut the stove on to warm up for just a few minutes before I set the dough to rise on top of the stove.
Below are some of our family favorite bread recipes.
Simply click on the picture and it will take you straight to the post!