This red white and blue layered patriotic jello dessert makes a fun addition to Fourth of July picnics or Memorial Day celebrations. Perfect for kids and adults, too!
Just in time for Memorial Day and the Fourth of July this fun red white and blue layered patriotic jello dessert is ready for a party with family and friends!
For the last several years my family has joined with my brother’s family at his lake house on the Fourth of July.
That’s a lot of kids, cousins, adults and often, some dogs!
We each contribute something to the meal like a side dish or dessert.
I’m not typically a big jello person, but I love anything that brightens up dinner or a special time with friends and family.
And the kids LOVE this!
For this patriotic dessert I dressed it up a bit by serving it in my crystal glasses. I loved the variety of individual servings.
When I take it to our family party I just put it in a 9×13 glass dish.
This would also be fun for a kids party served in plastic cups.
However you serve it, it’s an easy and fun way to celebrate with red, white and blue! And anything with whipped topping has to taste good!
Need some ideas for entertaining at those patriotic (Memorial Day and 4th of July) events? These table decorations are easy and full of repurposed goodness!
Here’s another post full of tablescape ideas if you’re a lover of red, white and blue!
And my favorite recipe for every cookout is these homemade hamburger buns. To die for!
Patriotic Jello Dessert
- 2 3 1/2 oz packages strawberry (or other red) jello
- 1 20- oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 2 3 1/2 oz packages berry blue jello
- chopped nuts optional
- Prepare strawberry jello according to directions on box and add pineapple (with juice). Pour into individual serving dishes (or plastic cups) or into a 9x13 glass dish and chill until firm.
- Prepare unflavored gelatin according to directions on box. Beat cream cheese slightly and then add the gelatin mixture.
- Beat gelatin and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once this mixture has cooled, fold in the whipped topping until mixed together well.
- Pour this mixture over the firm bottom layer and return to refrigerator and chill until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Prepare berry blue jello according to directions in box. (If desired you can add chopped nuts to this layer.) Pour over the two layers and chill until firm.
- Can be served with a dash of whipped topping if desired.
I did not use chopped nuts for this recipe but in the future I probably will. I think the pineapple in the first layer and the nuts in the top layer give the jello a little variety.