Need a side dish everyone will love but doesn’t take much time to make? This easy slow cooker cheesy potato casserole is it!
Recently I started thinking about my history with casseroles. (I know, fascinating subject isn’t it?)
If you’re from the south y’all know about casseroles. They’re at every potluck dinner and many family meals.
Healthy? Not usually.
Dictionary.com says a casserole is a “noun 1. a baking dish of glass, pottery, etc., usually with a cover. 2. any food, usually a mixture, cooked in such a dish. 3. a small dish with a handle, usually used in chemical laboratories. verb 4. to bake or cook (food) in a casserole.
Are you like me? Did you receive those lovely 9×13 dishes for your wedding?
I think my husband would say some of my cooking experiments qualified for definition number three (used in chemical laboratories.)
So today, my friends, we’re going to casserole (verb) a casserole (noun) in a casserole dish.
Except we’re actually going to use the slow cooker because I think it’s easier. And the smell starts wafting through the house earlier.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Casserole
- 1 26-32 oz. bag frozen shredded hash browns (thawed)
- 1 stick of Country Crock spread, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8-oz. container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix together Country Crock spread, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheese.
- Fold in hash browns and combine well.
- Pour into slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours.
Linking with: Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Stone Gable,