For years our big family meal of the week was Sunday lunch.
We would spend Saturday evenings having family time and getting clothes, shoes, diaper bags and materials ready for a Sunday morning spent at church.
When we finally returned home through the front door the smell of slow cooker lasagna, roasted potatoes and homemade bread greeted us and we leapt into action.
The table was set, a green vegetable warmed and our family of seven was gathered around the table.
Precious memories centered around a meal shared together with those we love the most.
We love this Crock Pot Lasagna because it’s easy to prepare the day before and is always a crowd pleaser.
The recipe is completely up to interpretation! Make sure and use plenty of sauce (the liquid) so that it doesn’t dry out. This recipe also makes a ton so you can adjust the ingredients accordingly.
Crock Pot Lasagna
2 boxes lasagna noodles (broken into smaller pieces)
1 24 oz. container ricotta or cottage cheese
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 pounds ground beef (or ground turkey)
2 26 oz. jars spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
4 cups Italian 3-cheese blend, shredded (or mozzarella. I have also used sliced cheese.)
- Stir together ricotta cheese, eggs and garlic.
- Cook ground beef in large skillet then drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Feel free to add whatever seasonings you enjoy. I’ll use diced tomatoes, onions and mushrooms, too, if I have them.
- Layer lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, shredded cheese, and beef mixture in a greased crockpot, ending with the beef.
- 2 boxes lasagna noodles
- 1 24- oz. container ricotta or cottage cheese
- 4 cups Italian 3-cheese blend shredded (or mozzarella)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 26- oz. jars spaghetti sauce or make your own
- Grease the crock pot well.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, shredded cheese, eggs and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook ground beef in large skillet then drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Layer broken lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and beef mixture, ending with the beef.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
I make this the night before and refrigerate and do NOT cook the lasagna noodles. The sauce will help soften the noodles.
Feel free to add whatever seasonings you enjoy.
I'll also add diced tomatoes and mushrooms to the sauce if I have them.
Make sure and use plenty of sauce/liquid so that the lasagna doesn't dry out.
This also make a ton so you can adjust the recipe accordingly.
If the recipe seems dry during cooking add water for additional moisture.
Want to see more of our family-tested recipes?