This delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Clam Chowder combines minced clams, vegetables and milk into an easy meal option for busy days.
It is a mess of snow and ice here in NC and us southerners don’t actually know what to do with it.
Cue the music. I have your answer, and it’s Slow Cooker Clam Chowder!
Do you want a dish to waft comforting smells through your home as you walk in tired from building that snow man and chasing the kids?
Or maybe you want to know dinner is on the table when you walk in after work?
Or do you just love discovering new slow cooker recipes?
Then this is the recipe for you!
I have always made my clam chowder on top of the stove, but I am trying to add to the delicious slow cooker soups I love for busy days.
Since I’m now a “working mom” (aren’t all moms?) who still homeschools yet is physically home everyday, I adore having recipes that draw me in with their warmth and the smell of love brewing!
From my home to yours, have a wonderful day making family memories with food!
Slow Cooker Clam Chowder
- 2 6.5 oz. cans minced clams
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tsp worcestership sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 small carrots chopped
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 12- oz cans evaporated milk
- Pour drained clam liquid into measuring cup and add enough water to make 1 cup total. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add 1 3/4 cup water, onion, carrots, potatoes, bacon and salt to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and mix well with a whisk to dissolve lumps.
- Add to slow cooker along with reserved clams and remaining milk.
- Stir, cover and cook on high 30 minutes more or until reaching desired consistency.
Not in the mood for clam chowder? How about Mama’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup?
Or this tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup?
Hands down, Slow Cooker Taco Soup is the easiest soup I make and a family favorite.
And finally, there’s White Chicken Chili!