Slow Cooker Clam ChowderThis post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. Read more here.
This delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Clam Chowder combines minced clams, vegetables and milk into an easy meal option for busy days.
It is a mess of snow and ice here in NC and us southerners don’t actually know what to do with it.
Cue the music. I have your answer, and it’s Slow Cooker Clam Chowder!
Do you want a dish to waft comforting smells through your home as you walk in tired from building that snow man and chasing the kids?
Or maybe you want to know dinner is on the table when you walk in after work?
Or do you just love discovering new slow cooker recipes?
Then this is the recipe for you!
I have always made my clam chowder on top of the stove, but I am trying to add to the delicious slow cooker soups I love for busy days.
Since I’m now a “working mom” (aren’t all moms?) who still homeschools yet is physically home everyday, I adore having recipes that draw me in with their warmth and the smell of love brewing!
From my home to yours, have a wonderful day making family memories with food!
Slow Cooker Clam Chowder
- 2 6.5 oz. cans minced clams
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tsp worcestership sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 small carrots chopped
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 12- oz cans evaporated milk
- Pour drained clam liquid into measuring cup and add enough water to make 1 cup total. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add 1 3/4 cup water, onion, carrots, potatoes, bacon and salt to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and mix well with a whisk to dissolve lumps.
- Add to slow cooker along with reserved clams and remaining milk.
- Stir, cover and cook on high 30 minutes more or until reaching desired consistency.
Not in the mood for clam chowder? How about Mama’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup?
Or this tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup?
Hands down, Slow Cooker Taco Soup is the easiest soup I make and a family favorite.
And finally, there’s White Chicken Chili!
You didn’t tell when to add worcestershire sauce. Maybe just before serving? And why do you cook bacon first? And why don’t cook onion say, with bacon? You say poato peeled but in the images look like not peeled.
oh my.. make some snow-cream for dessert.
This is a classic recipe that works really well because the sweetened condensed milk is thick and helps hold quickly melting snow together.
1 gallon or big bowl of clean snow (if you like, you can put the bowl outdoors to collect it as it falls)
1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix the ingredients together and eat the snow ice cream.
Hi, Hariette. We had already made our snow cream (which my kids weren’t crazy about) but next time we’ll definitely try condensed milk. You can’t go wrong there! Thanks for visiting Marty’s Musings.
It looks yummy! Too bad I can’t run out for the ingredients, as that would entail being able to get out of the driveway!
Did you manage to survive Pax? How many days of school were cancelled, Kirby? My kids were getting over being sick so they really only had Friday in the snow but they’re teenagers and they’ll live!