I don’t know about you, but I tend to go straight for the dessert recipes when I make something for a Christmas or holiday party.
This time I went for cute and healthy (or at least healthier than my Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites).
See what I mean? Chocolate is my best friend.
Sigh. Back to cute and healthy.
This is an easy recipe that looks like you invested a lot of time on it.
In other words, it’s my kind of appetizer for a party!
You will need canned refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
that are sliced, shaped into a tree and baked.
Then the fun part comes with the cream cheese mixture and vegetables. Use a variety of vegetables (carrots, cucumbers, red or green onions and bell peppers) to spice it up with additional color.
It even tastes as good as it looks, but even if it didn’t, it sure makes a beautiful table decoration!
That’s all I’ve got for today! Now here’s the recipe:
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried dill weed (I left this out because I didn't have any)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups finely chopped assorted vegetables (I used red bell peppers and brocolli)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove dough from cans in rolled sections. DO NOT UNROLL. Cut each section into 8 slices (16 slices per can).
- Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees. Start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching. Continue forming tree with a row of 3, 4, 5 and then finally, 1 for the trunk. Refrigerate one tree while the other bakes.
- Bake each tree 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; carefully loosen and slide onto rack to cool. Bake and cool second tree.
- Place each tree on serving platter or plate. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder; blend until smooth. Spread mixture over both trees and decorate with assorted vegetables.
- Refrigerate until serving. Simply pull apart slices of tree to serve.
Need more holiday party inspiration? Try my scrumptious 4 Ingredient Sausage Roll Ups
or my Wonton Cup Appetizer.
Serve this family favorite Cranberry Apple Casserole at your next gathering
or save room for this crowd pleasing Oreo Dirt Cake.