Twinkies Cake

For my son-in-law’s birthday I made a cake that I lovingly refer to as my “Deborah Senter” cake. Deborah is an old friend and a fabulous cook. She often makes this cake to bring to church potluck and everyone gravitates to it, drooling and frothing at the mouth. Here’s why:

If you look closely you can see the chocolate slithering down the sides. Unbelievable.
 Just so you can see the inside. This cake rocks my world.
Here’s the recipe to die for. I’ll stop gushing now 🙂

Twinkies Cake

1 box devil’s food cake mix
2 cups powdered sugar
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
1 8-oz carton Cool Whip
1 can milk chocolate frosting

Cook cake mix according to directions in three layers for only 20 minutes. Cool completely. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add Cool Whip. Spread between cooled layers and on top. (I also spread it on the sides). Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Microwave frosting for 25 seconds; stir and pour over top of cake. Spread on top and sides. (I also grated a chocolate bar over the top to give it an added touch.) Store covered in refrigerator.

**I am not responsible for any pounds gained 🙂

If you enjoyed this recipe check out more of my favorites: Lemon Cream Pie, No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Texas Sheet Cake, Dirt Cake, and Apple Pie Crumb Bars.

Comments

1. Kim says:

You had me until the Cool Whip. That stuff makes my stomach hate me. Do you think it would work with whipped cream?

2. Sarahsworld says:

That looks really good! I’m going to pin it so I can make it sometime soon!

3. This looks awesome. I hardly ever purchase cake mixes…but I think this weekend it will be added to my shopping list.

Love the **

4. Looks yummy!

🙂 🙂 🙂

5. Barbara says:

Oh, my. This looks amazing!

6. This cake looks amazing!

Mrs. Delightful

7. Now how many WW points is that again?!?! Looks so tasty!

8. Diane says:

Oh my goodness! This looks crazy good – wish I had a piece right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

9. Holy Cow! That looks terrific!

10. Julie says:

Looks awesome! Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:

11. This looks delish! I have featured you on this week’s Makin’ You Crave Monday. Come by, check it out – and share a new craving too!! ~Crystal, MrsHappyHomemaker.com

12. This looks AMAZING!!!!! My thighs are getting bigger just looking at it! 😉 I NEED to make this NOW! Thanks for sharing!

13. I’m drooling on my computer! This looks so amazing… Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday 🙂

14. That looks like chocolate heaven!

Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday!

-Four Sisters

15. Erin says:

This does look absolutely amazing! YUM!

16. Hi!

I would love you to join My Sweet Party and the theme for August is Childhood favourites. Check it out:

Cheers!

17. Winnie says:

Yep – this is definitely what I call to-die-for cake!
    It seems heavenly

• Marty says:

Next time I make it I’m getting better pictures! They don’t do this cake justice. It is amazing! Thanks for visiting!