I am always on the lookout for new recipes that are easy and my family will love.
When there were seven of us living at home (plus three dogs, four cats and numerous other critters) I was lucky to get a shower and put my face on a couple of times a week.
(Is that a Southern expression? Put my face on? Y’all know I mean makeup, right?)
There are many things I miss about those busy, often chaotic days of yore, but trying to please everyone is not one of them!
This easy cinnamon roll recipe is cute and perfect for the season and you can’t go wrong with store bought dough and a few dried cranberries!
I love this idea of shaping the dough into a poinsettia, but I will tell you it’s a good habit to read the recipe all the way through first ~sigh~ As I was typing up the recipe I noticed the little print that said place the rolls with the seam toward the center. Oops. Who follows the recipe anyway?
Doesn’t this look like a fun treat to serve your family on Christmas morning?
Let your kids help you the night before to burn off some of their excess energy. Maybe you’ll even start a new tradition this year!
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease cookie sheet.
- Remove dough and icing from can.
- Place one cinnamon roll in center of cookie sheet
- Place remaining rolls around center roll, seams toward center.
- Press each roll so they are touching and pinch outside edge of each roll into a point. (Exaggerate the points, as they tend to shrink into original shape during baking.)
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool a couple of minutes and lift entire poinsettia with a metal spatula onto a serving plate.
- Carefully spread with icing and sprinkle with cranberries except on center roll.
or this scrumptious Apple Cake Recipe.
These Easy Pumpkin Muffins begin with a cake mix, another time saving recipe!