Can you hear it? Can you hear it?
I can! It’s the wind calling to me saying, “fall is coming!”
Okay, maybe the wind isn’t actually talking to me, but I do so love fall and am completely ready for its arrival.
But other than that……
I love sweater weather and finally slipping on the jeans I haven’t worn for three months. (Sure, maybe they didn’t really slip on and a tug of war did ensue, but that’s a whole ‘nother story!)
Since I am usually an “anything chocolate” dessert lover, I was surprised when I made this cake and absolutely adored it!
The apple cake recipe was a welcome treat and the glaze sets it apart with a wow factor!
The dough is unlike a regular cake mix. You’ll probably think you did something wrong and double check the recipe like I did!
Nope, you’re good. It’s just an extremely thick and gooey dough. Scrape it off the sides of the mixing bowl and make sure and taste it just in case.
You might even want to try it for breakfast!
Apple Dapple Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups chopped apples peeled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts optional
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 stick margarine
- Grease and flour a Bundt (tube) pan.
- Mix thoroughly the eggs, oil and sguar.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add vanilla, apples and nuts and mix well again.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until done.
- In a saucepan cook brown sugar, milk and margarine for 2-3 minutes and pour over cake.
If you don't like nuts just leave them out.
Dough will have a thick and gooey consistency.
Need some more dessert inspiration? Try my 10 Delicious Chocolate Desserts