This easy recipe for Cranberry Pumpkin Quick Bread will soon become a family favorite. Topped with a simple glaze the bread is perfect all year round!
Does it feel like time is flying by at the speed of light? It sure does to me!
I remember as a kid thinking Thanksgiving would never come. And then the anticipation for Christmas as family gathered to open gifts.
But not anymore! As an adult there is never enough time in the day, even now as Nana to three beautiful boys. I can’t believe my children have children.
Somehow I think they’re aging and I’m not!
Today I want to freeze time so none of us age. Is that selfish? I’m older and wiser now and have experienced grief and loss, as well as embraced all life has to offer.
Time and health are the most precious things you can’t get back when you lose them.
What in the world does that have to to with Cranberry Pumpkin Quick Bread?
But since I have your attention let me tell you about this amazing recipe!
I love to buy extra cans of pumpkin and bags of cranberries during the fall season when they’re readily available (and often on sale) and try new recipes.
I was pleasantly surprised when I made these a couple years ago and my family literally finished this bread in two days. It has just the right amount of tart with the cranberries and sweet with the glazed icing.
I used a mini loaf pan that made nine personal size loaves that were just right for one person and then I had enough dough left for one large loaf pan.
Cranberry Pumpkin Quick Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice optional
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice or water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans OR two linked mini loaf pans.Or you could use one of each type of pan.
- Combine flour, pumpkin spice spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixing bowl and beat until just blended.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and spoon batter into loaf pans.
- Bake linked mini loaf pans for 30 minutes and larger loaf pan for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- While bread is cooling mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Pour over cooled bread.
My linked mini loaf pan had nine slots.
Will make two large loaves if not using mini loaf pans.
I left out the pumpkin pie spice and it still tasted great.
If glaze gets too thick add just a bit more milk for desired consistency.
Want to see more of my favorite fall recipes?