A holiday favorite that is perfectly served year-round, this dried beef cheese ball is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser!
**Stay tuned for more fabulous entertaining inspiration from my favorite blogger friends at the end of this post!
Tips for making this Dried Beef Cheese Ball recipe:
- Perfect for the holiday season, potlucks, and special family dinners.
- Dried beef can be shredded in a food processor, blender, or mini-chopper.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can be frozen for the ease of making it ahead.
My youngest daughter saw me editing these pictures and started oohing and aahing.
Yes, this is our favorite cheese ball. Easy, delicious and always a hit with family and guests.
To me, nothing says “welcome” as a homemade cheese ball served with your favorite crackers and the best-frozen punch.
This is a tried and true recipe that I first discovered as a young wife and mom and have continued to make each year for the Christmas holiday season.
(You can serve it any time of the year, though!)
We especially enjoy it with crackers and a slice of summer sausage.
Can you believe how well-loved this recipe book is? I always try to add the date and the scoop on whether the recipe was well-received or not.
Do you make notes in your cookbooks, too? It’s such fun to see how I’ve been making this recipe for years and years!
(The Little Links recipe is one I cook using regular hot dogs and adapt for the slow cooker.)
This Dried Beef Cheese Ball recipe also freezes well (probably best not longer than a few weeks) which makes it easy to multiply and have a few handy for unexpected guests.
Dried Beef Cheese Ball
Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- 3 pkgs dried beef (or 1 jar) small
- 3 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dried onions
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- Put the dried beef in a food processor or blender and chop until fine.
- Soften the cream cheese and mix with the dried onions, worcestershire sauce and half of the chopped dried beef.
- Shape into a ball and roll in the other half of the chopped dried beef.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
I have used regular sandwich ham or turkey in this recipe instead of the dried beef.
The holidays are rapidly approaching, and while holiday get-togethers may not look the same as every other year, the entertaining, food, and drinks are still just as important!
These simple entertaining ideas are perfect for this Christmas season!
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Appetizer from Chipa by the Dozen
Christmas Appetizer Tree from Design Dazzle
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip from Devour Dinner
Cranberry Brie Bites from Fresh Coast Eats
Easy Holiday Bar from Hoosier Homemade
Sausage Balls from House of Nash Eats
Spinach Artichoke Dip Wonton Cups from J Z Eats
Cherry Cream Cheese Puff Bundles from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix from Rose Bakes
Eggnog from Savory Experiments
Blue and White Tablescape from Sondra Lyn at Home
Cranberry Goat Cheese Tarts from Tastes of Homemade
Mushroom Puff Pastry Bites from The How to Home
Classic Deviled Eggs from What’s Cookin’ Chicago