A holiday favorite that is perfect served year round, this dried beef cheese ball is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!
Tips for making this Dried Beef Cheese Ball recipe:
- Perfect for the holiday season, potlucks and special family dinners.
- Dried beef can be shredded in a food processor, blender or mini chopper.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can be frozen for the ease of making it ahead.
My youngest daughter saw me editing these pictures and started oohing and aahing.
Yes, this is our favorite cheese ball. Easy, delicious and always a hit with family and guests.
To me, nothing says “welcome” like a homemade cheese ball served with your favorite crackers and the best frozen punch.
This is a tried and true recipe that I first discovered as a young wife and mom and have continued to make each year for the Christmas holiday season.
(You can serve it anytime of the year, though!)
We especially enjoy it with crackers and a slice of summer sausage.
Can you believe how well loved this recipe book is? I always try to add the date and the scoop on whether the recipe was well received or not.
(The Little Links recipe is one I cook using regular hot dogs and adapt for the slow cooker.)
This Dried Beef Cheese Ball recipe also freezes well (probably best not longer than a few weeks) which makes it easy to multiply and have a few handy for unexpected guests.
Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- 3 pkgs dried beef (or 1 jar) small
- 3 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dried onions
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
Put the dried beef in a food processor or blender and chop until fine.
Soften the cream cheese and mix with the dried onions, worcestershire sauce and half of the chopped dried beef.
- Shape into a ball and roll in the other half of the chopped dried beef.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
This cheese ball can be frozen if necessary (keep a relatively short time in the freezer).
I have used regular sandwich ham or turkey in this recipe instead of the dried beef.
Want more of our family favorite recipes?
Last but not least. my Frozen Jello Punch is a must have recipe for parties!