Substitutions such as plain Greek yogurt make this easy No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie healthier while still tasting delicious and a crowd pleaser all year!
When my children were younger one of our favorite early summer outings was to the local strawberry farm. Sometimes we would pack a picnic lunch, ride the tractor into the fields and pet the farm animals. Most importantly, though, we were there to pick those mouthwatering bites of strawberry goodness!
We would fill up our five gallon buckets and haul them to the counter to be weighed. I believe the most we ever bought was $110 worth of strawberries. Want to know what this looked like?
It was a big ol’ bunch, an enormous amount, a ridiculous assortment. But they were all ours!
Our strawberry adventure continued in the kitchen where we formed an assembly line of perfection. We washed, sliced, bagged and froze those strawberries so fast the kids had to hurry and grab a few before they were gone!
We had one happy freezer at the end of those sessions, with strawberries to last for my Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream,
my favorite Easy Strawberry Bread
my delicious Strawberry Smoothie Popsicles (and now for my latest recipe, No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie!)
The last couple of years we’ve resorted to pre-picked and I must admit I haven’t missed the back breaking work of picking the berries off the vine. All these years it was really more about creating memories to last than the strawberries themselves.
Now that all but one of my children have flown the nest we still love fresh strawberries but didn’t buy $100 worth this year, that’s for sure! I did, however, make this No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie that’s somewhat on the healthier side.
By making a couple of substitutions this recipe is still delicious but I eliminated a bunch of the calories!
Did you get the part where there were only three of us at home? Can you guess how many people ate this entire No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie?
Yep, about that many! There were only crumbs left behind, it was that good.
No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 pt. strawberries
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) jello vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk (I used skim)
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 12 oz thawed whipped topping, divided (I used non fat)
- 1 prepared 9" graham cracker crumb crust
- Hull berries and set aside.
- Combine pie filling mix, Greek yogurt, milk, rind and 8 oz. of whipped topping in bowl.
- Beat with wire whisk until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Spoon half the filling into crust, arrange berries, stems down, in filling and press down.
- Top with remaining filling and rest of whipped topping.
- Freeze 1 hour or chill in refrigerator 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with additional berries as desired.
I’m excited to be joining with a group of wonderful bloggers sharing their favorite strawberry recipes. Don’t they look yummy? Just click on the links below to go to each recipe. Enjoy!