This popular Oreo Dirt Cake recipe is a crowd pleaser! Using everyday ingredients, this recipe is so easy anyone can make it!
(Don’t miss the link party at the end of the post!)
It’s been a somewhat rough winter in NC. A big snow (for us) and a recent ice storm left many without power for days.
I’ve had enough of this dreariness.
And need to see more of this new life and beauty.
To me, chocolate never goes out of season.
And Oreos? Yes, please.
For this recipe I changed it up just a bit from the traditional chocolate pudding and served it up all ladylike for the pictures.
Oreo Dirt Cake is a favorite request at our house for birthdays, holidays and any time
I we have a chocolate craving!
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3.5 oz.) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large package oreo cookies with creme filling
- Break cookies apart and grind in food processor or blender.The white creme will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar in largest mixing bowl.
- Add pudding and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add whipped topping and mix gently.
- Layer in a 9x13 dish, alternating creme and cookie layers. Finish with cookies on top.
- Chill until ready to serve (24 hours if possible).
- This recipe can be made with vanilla or chocolate INSTANT pudding.
- The size package of cookies depends on how much you love Oreos! Use less or more than called for according to taste.
- A popular way to serve this is in a flower pot with gummy worms on top.
and Kelly with her recipe for Grilled Chicken over Spring Greens with CousCous. (Apparently I didn’t get the message about being healthy!)