What do you get when you combine bananas and chocolate chips?
A most delicious bread to serve for family or friends.
Whenever I take this to get togethers I am always asked for the recipe.
My kids learn to bake with this recipe (yes, it’s that easy!) and I love that it only uses one mixing bowl!
This recipe is a great way to use bananas that are starting to brown. I also freeze them and then thaw to use in this recipe.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is delicious served warm with cream cheese and a cup of Instant Russian Tea.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups mashed banana (3 large)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Grease loaf pan (approximately 9x5x3) with shortening and flour.
- Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- If top starts to brown too much cover with foil until done.
- Let cool 10 minutes, loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove.
Delivered by FeedBurner