It was such a lovely day in my hometown yesterday.
A brisk breeze accompanied the rays of sun shining on us from the heavens above.
And then today happened.
Wet, dreary with a forecast of wintry mush.
I’m just going to close my eyes and pretend that I’m sitting on our deck with the warm breezes blowing….
instead of bundled up in my parka and ski hat.
(Not really……I don’t even own a parka and ski hat, but you get the idea.)
To help you visualize that happy place with me I’m sharing my Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe.
A touch of spring in a loaf of quick bread.
It is totally delicious and a fabulous way to start the day!
I’m also joining with The Scoop’s Mega Spring Linky Party.
35+ bloggers are sharing their spring inspiration so we can all be encouraged to hold on for spring!
When you link up you will automatically be linked to all of the participating blogs.
Happy spring, ya’ll!
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbs vegetabl oil
- 2 Tbs poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 Tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 loaf pans and set aside.
- Place all bread ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric beater for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of bread comes out clean.
- Let bread cool completely.
- Make lemon glaze and drizzle over top and sides of bread.