This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe is a go to favorite for the busy mom and cook. Made with ingredients that are easy to find this recipe is so easy anyone can make it!
Slow cooker. Crock pot. Time saver.
Whatever you want to call it, I love it!
My DIY hubby and I received one for our wedding 27 years ago, but only recently have I been on a mission to discover even more recipes my family will love.
I better do it fast. Tim does not like soup in warm weather. No how. No way.
Although we had spring weather last week there’s a chance for a snowy/icy mix today. I’m getting this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe in just before my husband’s cutoff date!
Not to be confused with Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, this delicious recipe makes use of kidney and chili beans and is especially delicious when served with the most visited recipe on my blog, Jiffy Corn Bread with Creamed Corn.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can white corn, undrained
- 1 can chili beans, undrained
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 small white onion, diced
- minced garlic and cumin to taste
- 2 tbs chili powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place all ingredients except sour cream in slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 2-3 hours).
- Before serving remove chicken and shred (or cut into bite sized pieces).
- Stir in sour cream and return chicken to slow cooker.
- Garnish with additional sour cream and shredded cheese as desired.
I didn't drain any of the vegetables.
Do you eat soup in summer or am I the only one?
For more delicious soup recipes try my slow cooker Chicken Gnocchi,
slow cooker favorite Taco Soup or